As a writer I need to come up with names that readers will remember. That are fun and catchy. But as a parent, I always thought it was my responsibility to come up with a name for my child that had tradition to it, or that fit the personality of said child...
So can someone explain to me how the parents of a 9-year in New Zealand thought their daughter should have the name - Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii - yes, that was her legal name. That is until a judge made the girl a ward of court so they could change her name.
Other names listed that actually made it through the records department are:
Number 16 Bus Shelter
Violence
Some names that parents tried to name their children but were blocked by the records department are:
Fish and Chips
Yeah Detroit
Sex Fruit
I say if these parents want these names for their children, then they should take the names for themselves...Let John Smith become Fish and Chips and Jane Doe can be Sex Fruit, but do not make an innocent child deal with the name calling and embarrassment of having such a name...
If you want to read more about this:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080724/ap_on_re_au_an/new_zealand_bizarre_names
Hugs...
8 comments:
I had seen that and, Sex Fruit??? Really???
But oh, how I wanted to post this comment anonymously and then sign it something from someone like "Rotten Egg Petunia!"
LOL...I hear that in New Zealand Rotten Egg Petunia is the Sex Fruit Goddess...grin...
What a world!!!
I can understand that maybe the mom was drugged up from giving birth, but shouldn't the dad have stepped in and went..."whoa...we should wait until she sobers up"...grin..
Wasn't it in NZ that the couple wanted to name their child 4Real? And this was rejected, so they went with Superman. Which is way, way better, actually.
Not sure about that, but considering the names on the list in the article, I wouldn't put it past them...
That. Is. Crazy! How can parents do that to their kids? I mean, why would you want your children to automatically be a joke everywhere they went?
Some people just shouldn't have children. It is sad when the courts have to step in when it comes to naming children...
Post a Comment