I have been nominated by Bish and Christy for the Honest Scrap award! I am passing on what Bish posted on her blog regarding the meaning of the Scrap Award."Scrap means left over, fragments, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. People like us need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will. There are 2 guidelines for receiving this award. One, you are to list 10 honest things about yourself. Make them interesting, even if you have to dig deep. Two, present the award to 7 other bloggers."
So here goes...My ten honest things about me are:
- Sometimes I think I am too brutally honest. I don't always think before I speak and I've hurt some people by of doing this
- When I was six, my dad got drunk at a party and fell into my little metal play stove that I thought Santa had given me...on Christmas morning, my dad told me Santa had a drinking problem and that Santa was the one that fell into the stove...I quit believing in Santa that year...
- I suffer from very bad panic attacks
- Deep down, I would have loved to have a child with Hubs (he adopted Son, but Hubs and I have no children of our own)...Hubs was tickled to get an all ready made family and he never wanted any children of his own...
- I don't own a MP3 player or an iPod
- I hate to milk cows, but I do it because it is Hubs family business and we can use the extra money
- I use to smoke
- When I was 13 I stole a Reese's candy bar by putting it in my bra...I felt so bad for doing it, that I went to another store and purchased a Reese's candy bar and took it to the first store...I put it back on the shelf without the guy behind the counter knowing...so I guess you could say shopleft that time around...
- I bite my fingernails
- I always forget to take my make-up off before going to bed
And I'm am now to nominate 7 other wonderful bloggers for this award...and they are:
Danette - Linda - Adrienne - Catherine - Stephanie - Nora - Christina
11 comments:
Oh Brenda, I'm so sorry the Santa's magic was taken from you at such a young age. But he DOES exist, really, for always, in the cheer and hugs and love and well wishes we pass on to each other.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
I love the shopleft story.
I'm going to have to think about this one. :)
Don't stop believing in Santa!! He still brings me a gift every year.
Thank you for the nomination. I'll work on this today. I have fallen off of the blog wagon and need to get back on...
Don't forget to take off your make-up at night is bad for your skin.
Merry Christmas!
Flor
ps. check out my blog, Danita is having a doll giveaway!
I hate milking cows, too, even though I have never done it.
Great list Brenda!
Sorry about the Santa story. ((((hugs)))
I like the shoplifting story too.
Christy
I sometimes don't take my makeup off either, luckily I usually don't wear much. The nights I have a lot on, I do take it off.
It's wonderful getting to know people through these lists!
Thanks for the tag - I love your list, especially the "shoplefting" story - obviously a lesson learned! And I totally agree about the effort to take the make-up off...just one more thing to do when you're worn out!
Have a great holiday!
A conscience is a terrible thing to have sometimes, isn't it?
Great list, Brenda!
Happy holidays from another nail biter. :)
These lists have been fun. I've learned a lot about everyone.
Thanks Brenda!
Post a Comment