Hope everyone participated in Earth Hour 2009. Hubs and I did and we realized that we actually don't spend as much time together as we thought. I mean we had a whole hour with no computer, t.v. and/or other electronic interruption. It was quite nice. We did something that I think I've seen in books...the caveman wrote about it on the cave walls...we talked...I know, shocking ain't it...grin...
Anyway, this little 'talk' turned into a competition of sorts. We have dared each other to go a week without the computer, t.v. and/or other electronic interruption. We have decided we will get out the old board games and play some of them in the evenings, we will read, craft, etc...This starts today at noon - I didn't want my fingers, body, brain, etc. to go into shock by just quitting cold turkey, I mean even smokers can wean themselves off of cigarettes with a patch...wonder if there is a patch for computer, blogging, net junkies? Hmmm...will have to check on that.
I HOPE I CAN SURVIVE!!!
I think I will probably get the shakes and paranoia will set in by...tomorrow...okay, it may not even take that long...
Anyway, Ol' George has been working on his big debut recipe(s), so I told him I would auto-post him and I think I will do a Green Living auto post, but that will be it for this week...I will catch up on all blogs next Sunday...
Who knew turning out the lights could spark such a challenge...Hugs...
7 comments:
We turned out the lights - it wasn't so easy to get the kids to turn out the video games, t.v.'s, Ipods. But we did. We all sat around while Jake played the guitar. Fun times.
We turned off our lights, had one candle burning. Hubby went out and looked around the neighborhood and saw others had turned off their lights a well. It was nice to know we weren't the only ones.
Enjoy the quiet, Brenda, because that's what it will be...quiet.
That's great Brenda. My daughter was without her computer for about a week and we finally got to see her around the house. She kept suggesting we should all go without a computer for a few days. Then she got hers back -- LOL!
We also turned off the lights and lit candles for each room. That was cool. We could see the view of the city from our window and it didn't look as if many people were participating! But maybe it's hard to do in a city.
We played Scrabble by candlelight. Enjoy your week - hope you find it peaceful. But come back...we'll miss you!
How great! Enjoy the week off, and kick some Scrabble booty. :)
I'm trying to cut down, but I don't know if I could do a whole week (unless I was on vacation). Good luck and enjoy your unplugged time!
Post a Comment