Friday, April 10, 2009

Hazel's Crockpot Thursday

I have found George to be a little more understanding than Hazel was with missing Crockpot Thursdays...Hubs and I spent the last two days getting the yard/flower beds, etc. cleaned up. I think that is the only thing I don't like about living in the woods...all the leaves that fall into my flower beds...grin...

So here is George's second installment...He was very happy to hear that everyone liked his first meal and he hopes he can keep it up...

I promise to catch up on blogs this weekend...I know I've missed out on some great posts and I can't wait to catch up...

I told George that I love having breakfast in bed with Hubs, but that we don't get a chance to do that very often because of our schedules, so George found these breakfast casserole/cobbler that I can start the night before or do early in the morning so maybe Hubs and I can have a quick breakfast together...


Morning Casserole


INGREDIENTS

1 bag (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
1 lb. of bacon diced, cooked and drained or 1 lb. cooked ham, cubed
1 medium diced onion
1 green bell pepper diced
1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1 dozen eggs
1 C. milk
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper (more or less to taste)

DIRECTIONS
Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese. Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.

Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together. Pour over the Crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours.


Breakfast Cobbler

Ingredients:

4 medium-sized apples - peeled and sliced
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TBL butter - melted
2 cups granola cereal

Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to mix well. Cover and cook 7-9 hours on Low (overnight) or you can cook for 2-3 hours on High...

Enjoy!









3 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Oh boy! Tell George that sounds absolutley delicious!

Have a wonderful Easter, Brenda!

Nora MacFarlane said...

Yum! That sounds like breakfast tomorrow...

Happy Easter, Brenda!

Rena Jones said...

Oh, that breakfast cobbler sounds great. I might have to try that one!