Saturday, December 30, 2006

Procrastination...

I've been trying to figure out why I have been procrastinating this month. I don't know if it has anything to do with doing NaNo last month or not. Too many brain cells used in one month so they have gone on vacation for December...I hope all of this changes is in January. I don't want it to become a habit to do everything, BUT write. Honestly, I was afraid that starting a blog would be another outlet for me to procrastinate, and maybe in some way it has been...I've been trying to get it set up and get the layout the way I want, etc., but I don't think that's it. I think it comes down to having it in my head that you start fresh on things in January and starting now would mean things aren't going to be any good. I know that sounds crazy, but do you ever hear of anyone starting a diet 3 days before the New Year comes in...NO...you hear people say they are going to have a resolution to lose weight WHEN the New Year comes in...and then, most of the time, the diet doesn't last through January. Just recently I heard of an idea to write yourself a letter for the New Year and in this letter, write down everything you want to accomplish in the New Year, then fold it up and put it away until this time next year...then you will open it and see what you have (or haven't) done...something about this doesn't put as much pressure on us and that keeps us from failing. A part of me likes this idea and I think I am going try it. After all, what do I have to lose...maybe that 30 lbs I've been trying to lose for the last 3 years. How nice it would be to open up that letter next year and be 30 lbs lighter, a published writer and having a good hair day...HUGS...

No comments: