Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Picture Writing

I've recently stated reading "Picture Writing" by Anastasia Suen...she talks about bringing the pictures in your head to life in your stories...

The thought of picture writing excites me...I mean we see pictures all day long...a mother and child playing, an older couple walking down the street holding hands, a kitten chasing a piece of string, a little boy begging his dad for a comic book...each and every "picture" we see can made into a whole story...it may not be the actual story their picture is telling, but its your take on their picture...

I remember years ago in school, I had a teacher who took a magazine picture and she covered up the majority of it and then passed it around the class and told us to write what we thought it was...she ended up with 20 different stories, because we each saw a different picture...isn't that the way of writing...I mean I've been told that there really is only a couple actual stories its just the different twists that each individual puts on their story that makes it different...

That's the best part of writing...taking a picture that so many others have seen and making it your very own...

Hugs...

No comments: