Thursday, January 18, 2007

Relax...it'll come to you...

There are times when I just overthink things...there is section in my WIP that is as simple as trying to figure out if I want my MC to hurt her left leg or her right leg...now I spent almost an hour trying to figure that out...then it hit me...what does it matter as long as I remember which leg was hurt later in the story...I also tend to overthink sending stories/articles out to editors, agents...I'll get it ready, put it in the envelope, take it out and rework the cover letter, put it back in the envelope, put a stamp on it, then decide that I forgot something on page 2 of the MS...out it comes again...by the time I get brave enough to mail it, I have so many paper cuts that I can't touch the envelope without it looking like a blood bank exploded...and later I will go back and look at the first cover letter and it was better then the one I sent...sometimes when we push ourselves too much, the brain and body says "no more!" and we get nothing accomplished...if you are having trouble with something...remember to breathe...in through your nose and out through your mouth...close your eyes and let your imagination take you to an island or ski resort (whatever you like) and relax during your mental vacation, so that when you "come back" you will be refreshed and ready to jump any hurdle that gets in your way...so relax, it'll come to you...a lot faster then if your stressed...Hugs...

No comments: