There's a show on the USA channel called MONK...it's about an ex police officer, who after losing his wife quits the force but still helps the police solve crimes...He has an assistant who follows him around and hands him wipes to wipe off any germs that he may touch...Monk has a memory for details...he remembers everything, but he also fears everything...
Fear is something we all have...I think it's how we handle that fear that makes a difference...I fear heights and enclosed places, which makes it hard to travel in elevators. I have been known to tell people they can't get on an elevator because that would make it 5 people and I can only deal with 3 people and myself...yes, I have gotten some very strange looks...I have been known to stand in front of the doors and count to myself and rock back in forth until we get to the floor I need to get to...that tends to make people stand far, far away from me inside the elevator...I've also noticed that if you fear something, that is what you deal with the most...I travel a lot for business meetings and I always have many more floors then just 2 to get through...it never fails, they put me on the 9th to 12th floors for my business stays...if someone has a baby, it's always on floor 4 or above...you want the best view...top floor...I don't know when this fear hit me...growing up I could climb trees faster then any boy cousin I had and I would always go the highest...but somewhere that fear took over...I try not to let it break me, but there are times when it gets close...facing our fears and overcoming them is something we all must do...I fear sending out my manuscripts...fear of rejection...but I make myself send them out and I have told myself that when I get published...I will face another fear...riding to the top floor in an elevator...sometimes you have to bargain with yourself to get over your fears, sometimes you have to just do it and sometimes you need the push of loved ones to get you over those hurdles...whichever way, you will always have to face your fears at some point in time...why not do it now...so you can start living your life...instead of wiping it away or pushing it from you...Hugs...
No comments:
Post a Comment