Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Just when the water was calm...

My husband's cousin's little girl comes for a visit once a year. She enjoys staying with Jeff & me because we are "cool"...okay, not really, we are just younger then everyone else around here...grin...anyway...so she showed up on Sunday night and I haven't had a moments rest since then...and I even went to work on Monday and Tuesday!!! She's a cute little 11 year old that has a lot of spunk and she is a lot of fun to hang out with...she just has more energy then Jeff and I put together. Thankfully, Josh has been home the last three days and he has been able to entertain her on the Wii (if you aren't familiar with the Wii, its a Nintendo game that hooks to your t.v...the only difference is this one is interactive, so if you are bowling, then you need to get up and actually make the bowling moves for the game to work...) I'm glad Nintendo finally came out with a game that you can actually move something other then your thumbs, but did they have to wait until I was so old and out of shape to have done so...grin..

We played bowling, boxing, golf and tennis last night...needless to say, my fingers are the only thing that is moving at the moment and it hurts to even move them...grin...

We are going to the movies today and then we will watch the fireworks at my in-laws house this evening and I'm sure that somewhere in between all that, she will have the Wii out wanting to play..save me...grin.

Tomorrow we are going to a Rescue Zoo that is close to home and then to Dinosaur Land (which has a lot of life size dinosaurs to get your picture with and lots of info on them)...then we will it the Garden Maze...the maze should be fun...NOT! I get lost backing out of my driveway, how in the world am I suppose to find my way out of a maze? So this might be the last time I ever write in my blog...just want you all to know that I have enjoyed your friendship and I hope you don't forget me...grin...

Friday, we are going to Natural Bridge. We are going to see the zoo and the 45, 000 toys at the toy museum. Plus we will hike to through the Natural Bridge area and maybe see the wax museum and then the caverns...

Saturday, Jeff will be off work so we will probably go to a state park and hike and picnic most of the day...

I will be so happy for Monday to come around so I can get some rest at work. And throughout all of this, I am trying to take notes on the way this little girl acts and talks, etc. to use in my stories...

Does anyone have any aspirin? I'm gonna need it...Hugs...

3 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Sounds exhausting, but fun! This girl sounds like my daughter. Go, go go go go! She never stops! And she's only 5 so I have many years left of trying to keep up with her.

Pamela Morgan said...

Golly, you've been busy. Don't wear yourself out. Great idea to take notes sounds like she'll be a good source for research.

Brenda said...

Linda...

I feel for you...I've only had to deal with a go, go, go, child for a week, but you live with one...I would be bald by now...grin...she is a lot of fun, but Josh is 19 and I realize now why I stopped at one child and didn't have anymore...I couldn't have handled it...I bow down to you for taking on the challenge of more than 1 child...grin...

Pam...She is a fun little girl to watch. We took her fishing last year or the year before and she wanted to touch the fish's eye to see if the fish would blink...grin...I am saving that scene for a book...she has lots of facial expressions and her laugh...oh if only I could do justice to her laugh by describing it...maybe one day...