- I decided to take a free writing course through F2K. I took this course before and enjoyed it a lot. Not to mention I met some great people, so I thought it would be fun and give me the kick I needed to get my writing back on track.
- Then wouldn't you know it, work got crazy. I decided to have Fantastically Free Fridays for 3 months. This means that every Friday for 3 months, Either, I will give away free gifts (which I have to go around and try to get donated to the complex), or I will have free craft days (which we supply the idea and the supplies), or I will have free breakfast for the tenants before they go to work or start their day (we are like fast food, they come, pick up and eat out), or I will have a game day and the winner at the end wins a prize and the list of things I am doing for Free Fridays just keeps going and going...and then at the end of all of this I will have a drawing and everyone who participated will get their name put into a drawing (once for every week they participate) to win a grand prize of a free professional carpet cleaning and a gift certificate to food lion...I really should have planned this out a little better. I just came up with the idea one day and started it the very next week (without any prizes, etc to start with, so I had to get on the ball to get gifts...argh)
- Jeff decided it was time to clean out the garage (which was a mess...!!!)
- Josh is planning another trip to Canada only this time he will be by himself (I think he's just trying to give me a heart attack). In case I haven't mentioned this before, Josh's trip to Detroit a couple of months was also a trip to Canada to see a girl he met online. They have talked for about 5 years and just recently decided to take it further. So he went to Canada to meet her and take her out to dinner. Now he's on his way back up there (he leaves this coming Tuesday) to go to their Independence Day fireworks or whatever they have. He will be gone for 3 days and he's taking my car (because his won't make it)...I'm a nervous wreck and I'm sure that come Tuesday, I won't be able to do anything until he comes back on Thursday...Why did he have to grow up...sigh...
- I have to watch Jeff mow the lawn that I so very much wanted. Yes you read that right, I watch. Jeff told me that if we planted grass, I was going to have to do the mowing...okay, so then we get grass, we get a mower and now Jeff won't let me near it (I'm not complaining mind you, but I pretend like it bothers me so he really thinks I would be mowing if he wasn't...don't tell him, but I knew he would be the one mowing because Jeff is a little strange about the way he wants the yard mowed, so I knew even if I had to mow it once, I would know how to mess it up and he would have taken over, but I didn't have to even attempt to mess up, because he won't let me near it in the first place...teehee)
- And then for some reason Jeff has decided to invite every friend and person we have ever met to dinner every weekend for the last month. (I'm not a great hostess. For me, chips, dip and beer is company dinner, but for some reason Jeff thinks I should make deviled eggs, potato salad, dessert, etc...so that makes the week before the weekend stressful for me. I takes me 2 or 3 tries to get the eggs right and the first 2 times my potato salad was more like mashed potato salad and dessert was...well lets not go there...grin) Anyway the stress level around my home has been a little high.
- And next week Jeff's cousins little girl will be coming for a visit, so I decided it would be a good time to refinish the bed frame and dresser in the spare room. It's not going very well and we are running out of time (and patience)...but we will work on it every evening until we get it done. The hardest part is finding a product that will remove the many, many years and layers of paint that was on the dresser when it was given to us. We asked at Lowes and the guy told us this one product was the best ever made (we don't think so, but obviously they pay him to say that...sigh). This product barely cut through the first layer of paint...argh! So we are off to the store again this evening to try to find another "wonderful product" to help us with this job...
I just want to take a nap for a day or two and hopefully when I wake up the summer will be over and I can go back to be anti-social...grin...
Oh, but in all of this I have lost 13 lbs and am still walking 3.5 miles every morning, so I'm proud of myself for that...
Okay, I'm done (I think)...I'm sure there are more things that I have been doing, but just forgot what they are, and don't have time to think of them because I have to go get ready and get to the farm to help Jeff milk cows this afternoon (all ready milked these cows this morning...I don't know why they won't listen to me. I say teach the cows to milk themselves so I don't have to get up at 1 a.m. to do it...grin)
Gotta go...Hugs...Brenda
3 comments:
You do sound very busy.
Milking cows sounds kinda fun, but I guess it's not if you have to do it all the time.
Milking cows isn't the bad part...it's the getting up at 1 a.m. to do it that I don't like...I'm not quite awake at that hour and when you are milking cows, you need to be alert to what the tails are doing...if the tail is going up...MOVE! or you may just get splattered with something you don't want to get splattered with...grin...
LOL!
you mean mooooove!
Haha. I crack myself up.
*sigh
Post a Comment