Friday, June 22, 2007

My Meme

Okay, first I'm going to do this and then I will try to catch up on my blog. I can't believe it has been so long since I wrote anything here...

Okay, I have been tagged and have been told that means that I have to tell 8 things about myself that other might not know about...

Here goes...

  1. I can cook. I always say I can't because that always seem to be easier then actually cooking. I don't necessarily enjoy cooking, but I'm not as bad at it as I let people believe.
  2. I have always wanted to learn to paint/draw...with oils, pencils, chalks, etc. I want to be one of those people who can look at a beautiful sunset/sunrise and bring it to life on paper. The problem is...I can't even draw a stick figure straight...
  3. I wish I were a little more ladylike. I tend to be more on the tomboy side, but I would like to (just once) know which fork to use at a fancy restaurant (without watching everyone around me first) - how to blush when someone tells a dirty joke (instead of telling an even dirtier joke back to them) - and how to walk in high heels with a little grace instead of stomping and stumbling around like I've never had shoes on my feet before.
  4. I wish I wasn't anti-social. A part (a very small part) wishes I would like to have dinner parties and have company over and have people around all the time. (okay, I think I may have all ready gotten over this one...grin)
  5. When I was younger (14 or 15), I kissed my best friends boyfriend. She never knew. It wasn't just once, it was a lot...he was a good kisser...I have never done anything like that since.
  6. When I was 16, I talked a boyfriend into running off with me. He was 19 years old. My dad gave chase through the town I live in and he caught up with us. My dad wouldn't talk to me for quite awhile. And the sad part is that this boyfriend wasn't even one I cared for that much. I just wanted to see if I could talk him into it. My dad never did like this boyfriend, so that made it all the more fun. Okay, I may have had a mean side...grin...
  7. The reason I wear black a lot is because I have no fashion knowledge. I couldn't tell you if pink stripes went with green polka dots. So I wear black because everything goes with black. If I have black pants, I can put whatever shirt I feel like wearing that day with it and I don't have to think about whether or not it matches.
  8. I almost got a tattoo once. I was going to have a smiley face with lips puckered put on my tush, but I chickened out. I don't like needles... Thankfully I chickened out. I can't imagine seeing a smiley face with puckered lips on my tush every time I shower...grin..

Okay, that's my list...it was harder then I thought, so I will have to catch up on my blog tomorrow...

1 comment:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Thanks for playing. :D

My mom always taught me to 'be a lady.' It drove me crazy and now I think I'm a lot like you.

I don't wear heals, or dresses (unless I'm at a wedding) and I love a good dirty joke. But honestly, it's a lot more fun being a bit of a tomboy. I always feel like everyone else is just faking it.