I guess I should have said, "what a way to end my last work day before my vacation." I get a phone call around 12:30 p.m. from my mother-in-law. She says that Jeff has sliced his thumb open and he needs to be taken to the hospital for stitches...and wants to know if I can take him...so I gather everything up as fast as I can and make the necessary phone calls and drive like a bat out of Heck to get to my hubby...You see if my MIL says its bad, then its bad...I rush him to the hospital and yes, he had sliced the thumb pretty bad...he had sliced it on an old rusted metal gate that he was trying to get rid of...so they had to give him the T-shot, and clean the cut with all kinds of things...then he got stitches and now he's walking around with a big ol' fat wrapped up thumb...
Thankfully, it wasn't too serious, but Jeff can't stand the sight of blood and I can't stand the sight of needles, so we were quite a pair in the ER...grin...
Oh, by-the-way...I'M ON VACATION!!! Hugs...
3 comments:
The first day out of the hospital with my youngest, we had mega snowstorm. DH was snowblowing the neighborhood. Machine jammed and while he was hitting the side the blades caught the string of his glove and pulled his hand in. OUCH! A screaming post-partum maniac, and on in shock DH later, 911 was called and we took a trip back to the hospital. This time I sat at his bedside. The doc was amazing and managed to piece his fingers back together. But wow what a day. We went to the pharmacy to pick up our narcotics together. The nurse nearly fell off her chair at the two of us hobbling into the pharmacy. =)
Sure hope the rest of the vacation is better for you.
Sheri
aka~goadingthepen
My husband got tired of the raccoons eating all the birdseed and began a one-man trap and release program.
One raccoon didn't like it, and instead of running away when he was released, he turned around and bit my husband's thumb right through the nail.
ER for eight hours--long night, followed by a series of shots every couple of weeks or so.
Sheri, Danette...all I can say is "OUCH"...Jeff's little cut makes him seem like such a baby after what your husbands went through...grin...I'm glad all is doing well now...I guess if it weren't for men, we wouldn't have anything keeping us on our toes...grin...
Post a Comment