Friday, September 14, 2007

Its my party and I'll cry if I want to...

I always loved that song and the older I get, the meaning for the crying changes...I turn 41 today...so "Its my birthday and I'll cry if I want to"...sniff...sniff...

Actually, birthdays don't bother me as much as they use to (but it gets me a week off from work and people tend to leave me alone...they remember what it was like when the birthdays DID bother me...grin)...shhhh...don't tell anyone that I'm not going to bite their head off if they so much as look at me with a "Happy Birthday" look in their eyes....I kinda like the peace and quiet...

I don't feel 41...I don't look 21...I don't act like I'm 41...I can't act like I'm 21...what's a woman to do...

When my son was 8 or 9 he use to tell me he wanted a twin...He will be 21 next year, so I told him this morning that he only has one more year to wait before he has a twin...

You see...I have 20 years experience at being 21...so I will be happy to slip into the role of twin 21 year old sister...I mean whats the alternative...turning 42 next year...I think NOT! hugs...

5 comments:

angelarene said...

Happy Birthday!! I love being almost 40 although I would like my 21 yr old body back, but my present mind and wisdom...I wouldn't trade it. My goodness if I had both my 40 yr old wisdom and my 21 yr old body,I'd be a lethal weapon!!I'm sure you know what I'm talking about:) Have a great party, and cry if you want to, cry if you want to~
aka-author2b

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Happy Birthday, Brenda!!

Brenda said...

Danette...

Thank you...With enough spandex, I can have my 21-year old body back, but then my head looks like it might pop...grin.so I avoid that look...grin

Linda...Thank you...I often wondered who would put the word "happy" in front of birthday? That's like saying "bad" chocolate...it just isn't so...grin..

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Oh come on, Brenda ... the 40's are supposed to be the best years of your life! Enjoy!

Of course, I'm only 38, so I wouldn't know ...

:-P

Pamela Morgan said...

Happy belated birthday, Brenda. That's almost a tongue twister.