Thursday, September 20, 2007

Working Out...

A friend and I have been walking 3 to 3 1/2 miles every day since mid-March. The early morning weather (we do this at 6 a.m.) has started getting a little nippy, so we have started exercising to tapes...very old tapes...

If you would look at my t.v. cabinet, you would think I worked out all the time. I have everything you can have...step aerobics, yoga, exercise ball, Tae Bo, plain aerobics, walking tapes, and toning tapes...all in VHS...

Now most of these are Denise Austin...for some reason, I am drawn to her tapes. Maybe its her perkiness...maybe its because I like growling at "Little Mary Sunshine"...I don' t know the reason, all I know is...I have just about every tape she has ever done...

So she has these toning tapes...10 minute toning tapes and we have been doing them. I will NEVER like doing crunches!!! NEVER...NEVER...NEVER!!! But every morning, there we are on the floor doing these crunches for 10 minutes and then we do Billy Blanks Tae Bo...yes, you heard me...Billy Blanks...I have fun doing the Tae Bo and I like the way it makes me feel...not to mention the fact that he doesn't make me do CRUNCHES!!

So far all our efforts, we have only lost 14 lbs each...I know I should be happy about this, but after working out for 1 hour every day for 6 months...I want MORE weight loss...Maybe Jeff is right...maybe I'm just hard to please...but it is not my fault...those skinny jeans in my closet keep taunting me..."you'll never fit into me again....you'll never fit into me again." And I hate to lose, so I keep dreaming (and doing crunches) in the hopes that one day the jeans I wore in high school (23 years ago) will fit me again...NOT! Here's hoping your skinny jeans are quiet and not the taunting kind like mine...Hugs...

4 comments:

angelarene said...

I love Billy Blanks too. There's a new workout video that I'm "aching" to try. It's called Turbo Jam and it even has a money back guarantee. It's like tai bo but with cool music and these cool glove weights and....................no crunches!!!! And remember muscle weighs more than fat, so I would measure inches not pounds:)

Pamela Morgan said...

Hang in there. You're doing great.

I lost a lot of weight with Slim Fast. I drank one for lunch. That has to be all you have though. I knew a woman who drank one of those and had a meal and couldn't understand why she wasn't losing any weight. lol

Danette Haworth said...

You have my admiration for working out. I walk upstairs, forget what I wanted, come down, remember, and walk back up again. This is how I get my exercise.

Brenda said...

Angela...

I will have to check out this "Turbo Jam"...is it Billy Blanks that has it also? The tapes I have are the old 1980's VHS tapes...the outfits are soooo Flashdance...grin...

We keep trying to tell ourselves that we are building muscles, but there is something about the scale weight being lower that makes you feel like you are really doing something...who cares if the pants are falling off of us...we want to weigh less...grin...

Pam...I did Slim Fast about 8 years ago...I lost a lot of weight and it was my kind of diet...chocolate drink for breakfast and I chocolate bar for lunch...yummy...But Jeff started worrying about me eating all that chocolate (like my body couldn't handle it...I'm 99% chocolate filled...grin), so I quit doing it...and I gained back soo much weight...argh...

Danette...

Don't admire me just yet...I still look a lot funnier doing these exercises then they do on the tapes...How do they get their bodies to do all that stuff...I break out in a sweat just watching them...grin..