Friday, October 12, 2007

How much more spoiled can you be?

I've talked about my best little spoiled rotten furbaby, Koda, before, but this little pup seems to get more and more spoiled everyday.

Just a little reminder of how spoiled he already was:
  1. He has a car seat that he sits in (front seat of course) when we go on trips.
  2. He has a big fluffy dog pillow in every room for his leisure
  3. He has his own kitchen drawer that has a bowl, spoon, fork, knife, place mat and bib (although he won't wear the bib anymore...too small). No, he doesn't use the spoon, knife and fork, that is so we can cut his food up, etc...but he will eat peanut butter off the spoon if you let him. (see #6)
  4. He has to eat what we are eating...If we have chicken, he has to have chicken (I cook for him...he hasn't had dog food since he was 10 weeks old and gives you very serious "I'm gonna bite your ankle" look if you so much as mention getting dog food)
  5. I bake him soft doggie cookies every time I bake the family chocolate chip cookies (the chocolate chip cookies are the pop and bake kind...the doggie cookie is a very simple homemade recipe)
  6. He gets a tablespoon of peanut butter every morning along with scrambled eggs if that is what I'm eating or he will eat bran cereal (without the milk) if I'm eating bran cereal
  7. He gets birthday / Christmas cards and presents from family (Grandparents) and from us
  8. When he goes to the bank with me, the drive-up teller knows to give him a lollipop and not a doggie biscuit (after all, he doesn't know he's a dog!)...we go down the road, me driving and holding the lollipop and him licking the lollipop...
  9. He has two pillows on our bed that he sleeps with (he's a Pomeranian...he barely needs 1 pillow but he gets two)
  10. He gets a bubble bath using Johnson's baby shampoo once a month and he takes a shower with me every other weekend...he gets a shampoo, conditioner and I blow dry and comb his hair...pampered, pampered, pampered!
  11. I give him a back massage every evening when I get home from work. He does sooo much work during the day that he needs it...it takes a lot out of pup who watches, and barks at the squirrels and cats that come into his yard. Granted, the squirrels and cats don't show him much mind...after all, he is inside and they are safe outside.
  12. He gets a tablespoon of ice cream every evening after dinner and a dentastyx every night as a bedtime snack
  13. He and I go shopping once a month just the two of us. We hit the Petco and Petsmarts in our area and just like when Josh was younger, I can't say no when he looks at me with those puppy dog eyes when he wants a new toy.
  14. I purchased one of those little children's pools for him to swim in during the summer (I even have little toys for him to play with)
  15. He has a high-chair that he eats out of...yes, you read that correctly. I bought a highchair for him when he was a pup. He puts his front paws on the tray and eats. We sit him close enough to the table so he can feel like he is part of the family, but far enough away that when we have guests that aren't too grossed out by the fact that there is a dog eating dinner with them...

So if all of that isn't enough, this evening I was listening to my Jim Brickman CD...I was planning on writing and this is a wonderful CD for me to listen to while writing. I've played it many, many times before and had no problems...until this evening. Every time I would start the CD, Koda would howl and roll around like he was on fire. Every time I stopped the CD, he would jump up on his pillow and he was fine. Start it up...howl and roll...cut it off...fine and dandy. I went through most of my CD collection before the howling and rolling would stop...I ended up putting in (and I almost hate to admit I have this CD) "Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits"...I love Barry...sue me...

Anyway, Koda was fine, he went to sleep and I could swear he was smiling...so no writing for me...Love ya Barry, but I end up singing along with you and not writing...sigh...

I've created a spoiled puppy monster! Help me...The Furbaby is taking over!!! Hugs...

5 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

LOL!

There are no words.

Brenda said...

I know...isn't it sad...and I always said I wouldn't be one of those people who did these kinds of things...and I forgot to mention that he has a mini closet full of clothes...He has this suede jacket thats to die for...sigh...

angelarene said...

Brenda, I think you need to go adopt some children before this gets any worse:)...I'm just kidding. I had this neighbor lady and she....drum roll please.... sent her dogs away to doggie camp. Can you believe that?? She also had every dog that she had ever owned tatooed on her. *Rolls eyes*
BTW, I like the candy quote in your title. Cute!

Danette Haworth said...

Gosh, I'm jealous, especially for number 11--the daily backrub.

Lucky dog!

Brenda said...

Angela...My husband put a stop to me getting a baby stroller to take walks with Koda...He said he wasn't going to be known as the husband of the nutty dog lady...grin...so that's when I purchased the high chair...he's not sure which is worse... giggle.

Danette...

I'm jealous of all of them...grin... he rules the house no doubt about it. Jeff thought about getting a manly dog for himself and I joked that it would be Koda's first pet and now he won't do it cause he's afraid I will teach Koda how to walk the other dog on a leash...grin...