Sunday and Monday night, Jeff offered to cook dinner. He said he would cook if I clean up the kitchen afterwards. I hate cooking and I have a dishwasher, so I said, DEAL!
Well, let me tell you...this man fried up a little deer meat (that's it) and he must have used every dish in the cabinets.
He said dinner was ready and I went to the kitchen and about fainted! splatter egg/milk mixture on the counter top and cabinets, flour all over the counter top and floor, grease all over the cooktop, bowls, knives, cutting boards, plates, forks.
Cooking must have made him very thirsty, because he needed two glasses. He said he forgot he had gotten the one drink and got a second.
Now I tell you...my kitchen is NOT that big. I run apartments and he's a dairy farmer...trust me nothing about our house is that big...so how he didn't see a glass sitting on the counter top, beside where he was working...I just don't know...
It took me longer to clean the kitchen up then it would have if I had made the dinner and cleaned up after myself.
SO...tonight I say, "Jeff, I'll cook dinner if you clean up." and he says okay...I think okay this is the time to show him how NOT to use all the dishes in the cabinet. I make a roast (that has been cooking in the crock), mashed potatoes, green beans and biscuits...and I didn't use half the dishes he did when he made one thing...Fried meat!
Dinner is over, I come back here and catch up on emails, etc. I hear him banging around in the kitchen and then things get quiet. I wait a few minutes and then I go to the kitchen for a peek...everything looks okay, and then I open the dishwasher...BAD IDEA...
He has the plates face down on the top rack instead of sitting upright on the lower rack. He has the smaller pots on the top rack, the glasses on the bottom rack...you get the picture. If he would have started the dishwasher, we would have had to go get new plates, etc.
So, I have to reload the dishwasher...
My question is: Do you think men do these types of things, so we DON'T ask them to do it again. I mean, he is a smart fella, so he had to know the dishes were wrong.
A friend told me once that her hubby use to put the diapers on their kids wrong, so he wouldn't have to change diapers...Is this a normal part of the male world?
Have we made it so easy on them that they can now play dumb and get by with it? I think I'm going to do a chart up that shows him where the dishes are suppose to go or take a picture of a correctly loaded dishwasher and hang it on the outside so he can see it...I'm determined to not let him off the hook...
And if worse comes to worse...I can always forget how to wash his clothes and put a little too much starch in his underwear...my memory will come back when his memory comes back...grin...Hugs...
3 comments:
They totally fake us out with their 'helplessness'!!
I can iron a shirt in three minutes. Easy. I alway said my dh needed to iron his own shirts, though. He would purposely spend half an hour on each shirt (even after I taught him how to do the three-minute shirt) and then complain ... "Oh sweety, but it's so much faster if you do it."
How did we resolve this? He started his own company and insisted there be no dress code. He wears t-shirts every day. Problem solved.
Linda...LOL...I love the way you solved the problem...wonder if Jeff would be up to getting a maid to solve our dinner/dishes situation...grin..
Ha! Brenda, the only true night off is a night OUT, where people are paid to make good food for you and others are paid to clean up after you!
Post a Comment