Monday, January 14, 2008

Picture Book Storyboards

I enjoy writing picture books, Middle Grade books, and everything in between...so I try to read everything I can on writing these genres.

I've never done a "Storyboard", but have always been very curious about them. In "Picture Writing" Ms Suen discusses storyboards and how they should be set up.

She states that you need to have fifteen (15) action pictures in any picture book that you write...even if you write for the younger reader (2 or 3 year olds). She gives you some great tips and an example of a storyboard to follow.

I have written several PB's, and will be putting storyboards together for each to see how well I do with the action pictures, etc. Wish me luck...grin...

Do you do "Storyboards" for your Picture Books? Do you find them helpful? I would appreciate any help on storyboards that you can give...Thanks and Hugs...

2 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Wish I could help. PB's and I don't get along. I've tried, but it just doesn't work.

Good luck with your dummies though.

Brenda said...

"Good luck with your dummies though."

lol...I could take that soooo many ways. I have dealt with a lot of "dummies" today...grin...