You may have noticed there is no more chocolate bar background. As much as I loved that background, and trust me it hurt to watch all those chocolate bars disappear, I needed to start 2008 with a change all around.
One of my goals was to "re-start" and "finish" Picture Writing, by Anastasia Suen. So when the new year came in, I was reading the first chapter and thinking hard about what she was saying.
One of the questions that she poses is "The Mystery of Creativity" She states that the word 'mystery' has two different definitions. One meaning is "secret rite or something not understood" and the other is "craft or trade".
So do you see your writing as a secret rite or a craft?
I think writing is a little of each. I think it starts out as a secret rite and only becomes a craft if you really want it to be.
I think everyone has a secret rite of passage that they want to conquer, but you have to allow that secret rite to come forward. You have to say out loud that this is what you want, believe you can do it and then take all steps necessary to make sure your reach your goals. Then and only then will your secret rite become your craft.
Hugs...
4 comments:
Believing in our own strength and abilities is the hardest thing to acheive. My prayers are with you as you gear up for 2008. My this year be the year that all your dreams come true!
Oh no you mentioned chocolate and this the first day of my new year (never going to last) diet... Good luck with your resolutions for 2008.
Thanks to both of you...I hope your dreams and wishes also come true this year...
Brenda,
The new look here is great! I don't really have a ritual, just a same-time, same-place routine--that's what works for me.
Post a Comment