Recently, I have been thinking about the environment and the things we can do to help out...
I don't have a lot a money, so I can't afford the solar panels on the roof and some of the other big things, but I do think each of us can do something small to help keep the environment clean, beautiful and fresh for the next generation...
So I have decided to post some tips each week to help beginners (like me) go green...
Going Green Tip #1
Use Your Ceiling Fans - Ceiling fans are designed to circulate both cool and warm air. Most newer fans come with two directions: forward and reverse. During the summer, conserve energy by turning the air conditioner to a reasonable temperature (a little higher then normal - 75/76') and setting your ceiling fans to the forward position. In the winter time, you should do the opposite; keep your heater at a modest temperature (65/68') while running your ceiling fan in reverse. By utilizing your ceiling fans correctly, your air conditioning and heating unit will have a lot less work to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment