I had a business meeting yesterday that I was required to go to. I didn't have any manager friends with me, so I did very little talking (which is very unlike me)...but I realized that when I had my mouth shut, my ears were wide open. I was hearing bits and pieces of other peoples conversations and the best part was, I was catching the "fun" parts...
I pulled out my notebook and I started writing down all of these bits and pieces of conversations and I ended up with 3 pages of titles/ideas/something for a main characters to say...
I know we are always told to listen and watch children...they will give us many ideas on what to write about, etc., but for me, these adults gave me more ideas then I've had in quite awhile...
And it is all because I shut my mouth and opened my ears...I'm not going to tell my hubby this worked so well, because he would suggest I do it more often...like every time I'm with him...grin...
Hugs...
2 comments:
Listening is something I am really bad at. And by that I don't mean when I'm in the middle of a conversation - I listen then - but when I'm out and about I tend to live in my own little world and don't really hear or see what is going on around me.
I am the same way...I'm busy doing whst I need to do and just don't take the time...but I think from now on, I'm going try...even if it means getting a coke at the mall and sitting there listening for 15 minutes...and the mall should give me some very interesting ideas...grin...
Post a Comment