I wanted my first FIF posting to be a big one...one that would catch the attention of others...one that others may not want to discuss in public...I just hope it is not one that chases you away...
So lets talk "Flatulence"...
Here's three little known facts:
- The average person passes gas up to 20 times a day!
- Benjamin Franklin published a book of essays in 1776 titles "Fart Proudly"
- Joseph Pujol, a French music-hall entertainer (stage name Le Petomane) was billed as "The Man with the Musical Derriere"...he had the uncanny ability to expel air from his rectum that sounded like bird chirps and human voices, and he smoked cigarettes and blew out candles with his bum...
Now for three ways to fix this problem...
- Peppermint - Chewing two Altoids or eating a peppermint patti are wonderful remedies for preventing that "breaking wind" feeling...
- Baking Soda - adding one tablespoon of baking soda to beans while cooking them neutralizes the gas.
- Spearmint Gum - need help to settle the gases in the stomach, just chew some spearmint gum
I hope I have been able to help you prevent those..."cutting the cheese" - "floating an air biscuit" - "sounding the trumpet" - and/or "blasting the chair" moments in your life...
Hugs...
4 comments:
LOL!
Thank you. I hope I helped... grin...
Spearmint gum? We'll have to wait and have stuffed cabbage again, then give this a go!
Believe it or not, chewing on cardamom pods works too, (as does fennel, I believe) but only for some people. I told a colleague about cardamom once and he swore I'd saved his marriage.
I will have to try the cardamom pods...I had not heard of those before...
The real reason restaurants have mints for you after your meal is so it will help with the gas problem because they don't want you to associate your gas with them and/or the meal they served you...
Post a Comment