Friday, September 5, 2008

Fixing it Fridays

I got the worse case of hiccups today during a meeting and I couldn't get rid of them! Everything I tried, just wouldn't work...Holding my breath, drinking water and all the other ideas that were given to me by my co-workers...

So I decided today's Fixing it Friday would be about getting rid of hiccups.
  1. White Sugar - This is an old wives tale, but it works - swallow a heaping teaspoon of Domino Sugar (dry, without water)...Make sure you have something to drink close by just in case you need it...You can also put the teaspoon of sugar under your tongue and let it dissolve slowly...
  2. Vinegar - one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar stirred into one cup warm water...
  3. Peanut Butter - one heaping spoonful of peanut butter is a definite cure...
  4. ReaLemon - quickly swallow a jigger of ReaLemon lemon juice. (A jigger is a measuring device used by bartenders - I did not know this, so that is why I'm sharing this little bit of information - it is the equivalent of 1.5 ounces)
  5. Hold your breath and when you feel the hiccup coming, swallow...you may need to repeat this on a couple times before the hiccups will go away...

Hope this helps get rid of your hiccups! Hugs...

School Day #5 -

I'm keeping up with "most" of my school schedule...the only thing I have gotten behind on is the number of chapters that I wanted to have done by now. If Hurricane Hanna doesn't knock out the electricity over the weekend, I am hoping to get back on track with that...

2 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Number 5 always works for me. Another one is to hold your head upside down and drink a small cup of water at the same time. Obviously, you have to hold the cup right side up even though your head is upside down. It always works for me too.

I haven't had a good case of hiccups in a while, but lately I've gotten some sneezing episodes. Those are tiring! :)

Brenda said...

I've never been able to drink upside down...I get a laughing and bout drown myself everytime I've tried that...grin...

Maybe I will have to see what I can find on sneezing for next week...?