Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HAPPY BLOGAPALOOZA!!!

Welcome to my little blogging world. I hope you enjoy what you see/read and I always love reading your comments...


Before I start with my little "Strange trip" story, I am suppose to remind you of a few things:
  1. Angela Nickerson from Just Go! is responsible for this wonderful Blogapalooza...Thank you Angela...I've never been part of anything like this, so I look forward to the adventure...
  2. There is a list on the right side of "Just Go!" of all the blogs that are: Blogs-a-Palooza-ing on October 29...For your blogging trip, visit these sites and don't forget to post comments!
  3. And last but not least...don't forget to enter the drawing for one of three fabulous goodie bags...All you have to do is drop by Just Go! and make a comment in the Goodie Bag post, and you will be entered to win.

Okay, I know you have lots of other blogs to visit, so I will stop with the formal things and start with the "Strange Trips"...

This strange trip is actually my honeymoon...and thanks to this blogapalooza, Hubs and I started remembering all the things that happened to us, things we had seen and things we kinda wish we hadn't seen...I'm not sure how strange these things are, but I can tell you that we weren't expecting these things to happen on our honeymoon...So the easiest way to do this is make a list of the top 7 things that happened on my honeymoon...well, maybe not the actual honeymoon, but the traveling part of the honeymoon...blush...;)

  1. We took a train ride and was mooned by the locals and almost knocked over by an elderly woman on the train who wanted to video tape the mooning...we found out later that she was also on her honeymoon...

  2. We saw a place of business where you could get your groceries, get a haircut, get a tan, get your taxes done, buy your fishing bait and fishing/hunting license and get your car worked on all while you wait and all in the same store...They even had a special where you could get 25% off the cost of tanning with every oil change...

  3. We were on one of the back roads (hard surface not dirt road) and came around a turn where a basketball game was being played...in the middle of the road...there was a basketball rim on a post on the edge of the road and a basketball court drawn out on the main road and two teams...different colored shirts...along with people in lawn chairs along the sides watching the game...if you didn't know you had been driving on the road, you would have thought you were in the middle of the park...

  4. We stopped to get some lunch and had a bear come up to the window where our table was (we were inside, the bear was outside) and it stood up and licked the window...I was afraid it was going to fall through...the waiter said he shows up everyday about the same time to see if he can get people to feed him...It stayed for the whole meal and just stood there looking at us and licking the window...and wouldn't you know it...this was the one time we decided to leave the camera in the car...

  5. We got married (eloped) on a rock ledge overlooking a lake at sunset...yes it was beautiful...as the older couple who walked right in the middle of Hubs and I during the ceremony told us...we were just about to become Hubs and wife and they came up and stood right in the middle of us and decided to start a conversation about the weather and how we shouldn't be so close to the ledge or we might fall in...I guess my white dress and the guy holding the Bible wasn't big enough clues as to what was going on...

  6. On one of our drives, we stopped at a little convenience store to use the bathrooms...Hubs went first because I'm a little picky about where I tinkle...so he goes in, does his business and comes out...I ask what the bathroom looked like, he said not too bad, just don't look out the window...I asked why, he said right outside the window, there was a opossum sitting on the top of a pile of trash...looking in the window... (thankfully, this was one time we left the camera in the car...grin)...

  7. We came out of one of the places we were visiting and the key wouldn't unlock the rented car...we called the rental place and they said they would send someone over to look at it...when they got there the guy was trying the keys he had and he tried our keys and then this couple came out and asked what we were doing trying to get into their car...we had been trying to get into the wrong car the whole time (for over an hour)...our car was on the other side of the building...we had come out the wrong door and didn't know it...Thankfully, the couple was very nice about it...

Well that was just a few of the "interesting" things that happened on my honeymoon trip...I'm not sure this constitutes as a strange trip, but it was strange to Hubs and me...but what can we say...on our first date we saw the movie Dumb and Dumber...and we have been on a strange trip every since...

Hugs...

20 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who has tried to unlock someone else's car. :)

Bish Denham said...

Chuckle, chuckle. That is surely an odd assortment of things to happen on one's honeymoon.

ICQB said...

Oh that's funny! What a strange trip indeed, but an oddly solid base of occurances upon which to base the rest of your life together. If you can get through all of that together - the rest will be easy!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Okay but where'd you go? This sounds like fun to me - but I have a twisted sense of humor.

Once at a soccer game, we used our key on another blue minivan - it unlocked the door and we got in, then we realized it wasn't our car. Luckily, it was one of my son's friend's family's car or we could have been accused of breaking - well not breaking - but entering ;-)

Rosa said...

An eventful trip ! I loved #4

Sara Cox Landolt said...

I love the animal sightings. Wow, quite a collection of stories! Makes it even more memorable.

sruble said...

That was a strange trip indeed! But it sounds like you've got lots of fun stories to talk about every year on your anniversary. :)

Felicity said...

At least you made memories! : ) Fun post!

Angela K. Nickerson said...

What a funny honeymoon! It sounds like it was fun, even if eventful. Thanks for participating in Blogapalooza!

Adrienne said...

How funny! I don't know which part I liked best. Loved the old couple interrupting the ceremony!

Anonymous said...

Funny. Strange! Fun to read.

Rena Jones said...

Oh, how funny! Very cool about the bear and opposum too.

Kelly Polark said...

Brenda, you always have a good story! I guess the train incident gives the term honeyMOON a whole new meaning!;0)
What a trip to remember!

Karen Kirkpatrick said...

What a fun honeymoon! Where were you?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Karen - this sounds like a fantastic honeymoon! The story of the bear is hilarious (though more than a little terrifying...).

And yes, where were you??

Jessie V said...

WHAT a crazy honeymoon!

Brenda said...

carrie...we double check every car from that point on..grin...

bish...it was just a prelude to the marriage...grin....

icqb...I have to say...I'm very lucky and wouldn't trade any of those moments or the ones that have come after for anything...Thanks for stopping by...

kim...to protect the innocent, I had better not say...grin...

scintilla...thanks for stopping by...it was kinda neat and a little unnerving to be watched by a bear...I was afraid I would move too quickly and it would be over...grin...

sara cox landolt...thanks for stopping by...thankfully, Hubs has kept the fun memories coming for almost 10 years..

sruble...we do enjoy remembering...it makes us feel like honeymooners all over again...

felicity...thanks for stopping by...Hubs and I do have lots of memories...some sweet and then we remember our honeymoon and realize we have more crazy ones...grin...

angela k nickerson...thanks for stopping by and having such a fun blog party...Hubs and I got to the point where we were torn between being excited about what would happen and even more scared about what might happen...grin...

adrienne...They were sweet (I can say that now...at the time, I wasn't so sure...grin) Hubs and I have talked about doing the same thing if we ever get a chance...but I don't know if I could do that to a young couple...

meredith teagarden...thanks for stopping by... ;)

rena...bear cool...opposum not so much...grin...

kelly...thanks...LOL on HoneyMOON...grin...I'll have to tell hubs that one...grin..

karen k kennedy...I have to protect the innocent...grin...

thanks for stopping by....

annavhutchinson...protecting those innocent people...grin...thanks for stopping by...

jessie...thanks...it's been a pretty wild marriage also...grin...thanks for stopping by...

Unknown said...

I think the last one is my favorite, because I can totally see myself doing the same thing! This is quite a narrative - almost reads like a sitcom.

3rdEyeMuse said...

thanks for the giggles - definitely worth the visit. :)

Brenda said...

mara...there are times in my life when I wish the director would say, "cut"...so I can take a break...grin...Thanks for stopping by...

3rdeyemuse...thanks for stopping by...thankfully hubs and I have been giggling every since the honeymoon...grin...