Per srubles requests, I asked Hazel to dig out some of her Breakfast crockpot recipes...The best part is, you cook this overnight, so when you wake up, you have breakfast...
Bacon and Tater Tot Breakfast
1 lb Frozen Tater Tots
1/2 lb. diced Canadian bacon
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp. flour
salt and pepper to taste
Layer first 6 ingredients in crockpot in order listed. One third of each ingredient at a time; repeat two more times ending with the cheeses.
In mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, and flour together until well combined. Salt & Pepper to taste...Pour mixture over layers in crock. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours. Makes 6-8 servings...
And another similar recipe:
Breakfast Crockpot Casserole
1 bag (32 oz.) of frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
1 pound of bacon cut into pieces, fried and drained.
1 pound sausage, crumbled, browned and drained
1/2 cup diced onions
1 green pepper diced
3/4 pound cheddar cheese diced
1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
salt & pepper
Layer first 6 ingredients in crockpot...1/2 to 1/3 of each ingredient at a time...ending with the cheese...beat other ingredients together in separate bowl...pour over layers in crockpot...cook on low for 10-12 hours...makes 6 servings...
Enjoy!
Hazel's crockpot tip:
To speed up the thickening of sauces with flour or cornstarch at the end of the cooking, increase the heat to the high setting and cook from 15 to 45 minutes longer. Or drain the juices into a saucepan and bring to a boil on top of the stove or in a glass measure in a microwave oven, stirring until smooth and thickened.
10 comments:
Okay. I'm hungry now, and I just ate breakfast. :)
I wish I had a breakfast like that waiting for me!
BTW, I read your post for Tues. - glad that story had a happy ending :)
Oh, I think I can do this...Can I use cornstarch instead of flour as per the first recipe?
THanks Brenda/Hazel!
I'll try some version of this at Christmas time (depends on what ingredients people will eat, or not). But it will be mostly based on the first one.
I just love Hazel!
I love breakfast for dinner, too, so might even try this for dinner sometime!
Wow, those sound great.
Brenda -- My crock-pot seems to cook way faster than the recommended times. Usually if it says to cook on low 6-8 hours, mine is done in 4 hours. I'm afriad if I tried letting something cook for 10 hours, it would definitely burn. Does your model follow the allotted times exactly?
hey Brenda, the recipe looks great!
Remember what I said about losing my mind? Well, I did. As I was cleaning today and beneath a pile of kids school papers is your packaged book . . . ready for the mail, but for some reason the mailman doesn't pick up packages in my kitchen. Go figure.
I may not get out to the PO until next week. I'll let you know when it's out. sorry.
Christy
Hi all...sorry for not resonding sooner...busy week at work and no time for anything fun...like blogging! grin...
Carrie...Hazel will be happy she is picking good recipes...grin...
adrienne...Thank you...
bish...I'm sure you could...when I make gravy, I use whatever I have cornstarch/flour and I don't notice a difference with the texture, etc..
sruble...my family likes the first one and it makes Christmas morning so much nicer to get up and have breakfast ready...gives me more time to open presents...grin...
kelly...I can eat breakfast anytime of the day, every day! grin...
rena...I have one crock that seems to cook a little faster (maybe an hour earlier) then the recipe calls for...I have a piece of orange tape around the cord so I can remember not to use it if I'm doing the overnight cooking...sounds like your low button is stuck on high...you could cook this the night before and leave in crock, put in crock in frig and in the morning, put it back in crock and heat for 1-2 hours...if your crock is fairly new, you might try contactng the maker and see what they say...sorry I can't be more help then that...
christy...no prob...I haven't had a chance to check my mailbox in a week and half...grin...and I work like 2 blocks from the post office...grin..
Thanks Brenda! This is the pot I have --
http://www.jardenstore.com/product.aspx?bid=17&pid=2436
It actually cooks beautifully and I totally love it. I just have to adjust my times for the best results.
rena...I have heard that the Smart Pots do cook hotter...wonder if you can set it so your warmer would come on sooner...like if the recipe calls for 6-8 hours, have your warmer come on after 4-5 hours?
I don't have a Smart Pot, so I'm not quite sure how they work...I just remember hearing that they did cook hotter then most crockots...I will see if I can find some info on them...
Post a Comment