First...sruble's tag...
Once you have been tagged, you have to write 12 weird random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose 5 people to be tagged. (it is safe to read this post...I am not tagging anyone today...grin...)
I'm going to try to do 12 random things from when I was in school...mainly because I had less butt and more spunk...Now days, I have more butt and less spunk...grin...and I like it better the other way around...
- In Kindergarten, my parents were called to the school (which just so happened was a Catholic School)...the nuns were upset because I was playing football with the little boys instead of dolls with the little girls...okay, they were upset about this, but they were really upset about the fact that I would kiss every little boy who got a touchdown...
- After having me in their class, my kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade teacher gave up teaching...I'm not saying I was the reason, but it does seem pretty weird that they all gave it up the summer after having me in class...and my kindergarten teacher was a nun!
- My 3rd grade teacher had a special chalk circle on the blackboard...I spent most of her class with my nose in the circle for talking too much...actually, I don't remember anyone else having their nose in my circle...or any other circle for that matter...
- In the 4th grade, I had a fluorescent light explode all over me and another girl...we weren't allowed to move until the principal and teachers could get as much of the glass away from us...the buses were held up until our parents were called...it was like the whole school stopped doing what it was suppose to do, just for her and I...
- In the 5th grade, I won the jumping rope contest and the jacks contest during the day long field day...
- 6th grade, brought on the training bra...I hated the training bra...I swapped my training bra for a candy bar one day at lunch...right there in the cafeteria...I was such a shy child...grin...
- My 7th grade teacher ended up being my son's 7th grade teacher...and she remembered me when I went to parent teacher day...she couldn't wait to tell me it was nice to see that my son didn't take after his mother and that he was a good student...
- 8th grade - my 8th grade class was the last year that the 8th grade class was at the high school - anyway - I ended up in the Principal's office the very first day of high school for giving a senior, who was trying to put me on top of the lockers, a black eye...
- 9th grade, a group of boys pushed me into the boy's locker room while some of them were still showering...instead of getting embarrassed, I walked through the showers toward the locker room door, calmly, taking a few glances and making comments like, "Now I know why your girlfriend doesn't smile much."
- While visiting friends, I was dared to run naked two blocks in Maryland & to swim naked in my friend's neighbor's swimming pool when I was 15...I did...I got caught by a police officer (Officer Steve as I came to call him)...who turned out to be very nice and every time I was dared to do something naked (and that was quite often), he was usually the officer that was on duty and would show up...he said he started keeping a Brenda Blanket in his trunk, just for me to cover up with...blush...yes I spent a lot of time naked, but it was never for what is going through your minds right now...shame on you...I just did a lot of skinny dipping and was dared a lot...
- I got my first "real" job (not babysitting) in the 11th grade...McDonalds...I remember my first paycheck was $88.00 and I thought I was rich!
- I was dipping snuff during my graduation ceremony...and when my name was called, I had to spit so I spit over my shoulder before shaking the Principal's hand and taking my diploma (our graduation was outside...I didn't want you to think that I spit inside...)...my parents were so proud...NOT!
Now for Carrie's Meme:
4 goals I have in the next 5 years:
- Be able to leave the job that I have right now
- Be published
- Be thinner
- Be Healthier
- Have my MG novel finished
4 Places I will visit someday:
- Alaska
- Australia
- Montana
- Yellowstone
4 of my favorite foods:
- Chocolate
- Pizza
- Lasagna
- chocolate chip cookies
4 jobs I've had:
- Children's Librarian
- Bank Teller
- Timeshare agent (I was the one who typed the contracts, nothing else)
- Apartment Manager
2 places I've lived:
- Woodstock, Virginia
- New Market, Virginia (Virginia can't get rid of me no matter how hard it tries...grin)
2 places I'd like to live:
- Where I'm at right now
- Colorado
4 things I'd do in my spare time, if I had any: (other then writing)
- Read more
- Watch old movies
- do more crafts
- travel more
The End! Now I'm suppose to tag others, but I will leave it up to you...consider yourself tagged if you want...
FIXING IT FRIDAY:
Diaper Rash -
- Baking soda - Soothe diaper rash by adding a cup of baking soda to baby's bathwater
- Blow Drying - drying your baby's bottom with a towel may irritate the diaper rash, so instead blow dry your baby's bum on the low setting
- Witch Hazel - using a cotton ball wipe baby's bum with Witch Hazel every time you change the diaper...
- Corn Starch - sprinkling corn starch on the diaper rash will soothe baby's bum
- Milk of Magnesia - Using a cotton ball or sponge, dab milk of magnesia directly on diaper rash. The antacid neutralizes the acids that cause the skin irritation...
Hugs...
8 comments:
OMG, Brenda! You were a handful! Your 12 things made me laugh!
Ha! I had the same thought as Kelly - you were a handful! It struck me as funny that you traded a bra for a bar - same letters! - but that's just my quirky and slightly dyslexic mind.
OMG! Your twelve things are just hilarious.
A Wild Child for sure! Were you "cursed" with those famed parental words, "Just wait til you have kids of your own?"
Yes I have to admit, every gray hair my parent's have are all because of me...grin...
adrienne...and I still love the bar better then the bra...grin...
bish...I heard those words right up to the day my son was born...Thank goodness my son is nothing like me!!! That is why I stopped at 1 child though...couldn't risk the 2nd one being a little mini me...grin...
OMG! I would never have guessed. I was laughing my head off at the trading bra for candy part and then I got to the boy's shower and you running around naked. I would never have guessed any of this about you. Great post!
rena...things started sagging and I started tripping myself, so I had to give up running around naked...grin...
I think you and I would have gotten along very well in school! I talked too much, got in trouble a few times, and my 2nd grade teacher didn't even finish out the year. We were the worst class she ever had, apparently. But ahe used to scream a lot and throw chairs, so maybe she had a few issues.
Fun post!
Post a Comment