Monday, October 6, 2008

Start the Week with a Story Starter

Sometimes something as simple as a sentence can take our imaginations to the moon and back...A sentence can make us remember things from our past...can make us laugh, cry and think...One sentence can mean something so different to everyone that reads it...One sentence missing one word can be filled in by so many different words by so many different people to become totally different sentences...

A sentence pulled from a story can take on a different meaning over what it was orignially intended for...I'm pulling a few sentences from the book "Picture Writing" by Anastasia Suen, in the hopes that one or more of them will inspire you to write a story around it...a story that will take you to the moon and back...
  1. It took me a long time to recognize that frustration didn't mean I was doing something wrong.
  2. Without the reading and the silent growing, you're just a caterpillar trying to fly!
  3. If you don't know what the questions are, how can you find any answers?
  4. No one expects you to write pictures in one take.
  5. If a planet does not have gravity, how do the characters move?

If these sentences don't inspire you, then take a sentence from a favorite song, quote, movie, etc. and do a little picture writing of your own...

4 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

I think #2 grabs me the most and gets my creative wheels turning. I think that thought is going to keep mulling through my mind all day. Who knows, maybe a story will come from it! :0)

Christy

Kelly Polark said...

Being a major music lover, LOVE the idea of pulling an idea from a song...
I like quote number one too, writing is a frustrating business!

Brenda said...

christy & kelly...glad you liked the idea...I think #4 is the hardest for me to get...I want it perfect the first time...grin...

Fairfield Home Appraisal said...

Love tthis