I've decided to do NaNo again this year. In 2006, I completed the month with my 50,000 words and was thrilled, so I tried it again in 2007...I didn't come close to 50,000...I don't think I even came close to 5,000 words that year...sigh...
I enjoy doing NaNo...and am determined to make the 50,000 word limit this year....
I have been working on all my regular posts and have put them on auto, so they will post in the month of November...Hazel was not happy about giving me recipes early, so I had to promise that we would have a crockpot Thanksgiving...turkey and all in the crockpots...I guess she's happy, she gave me some recipes...grin...
Anyway, I have a few more posts to work on for November and that way I can concentrate on reading blogs and writing NaNo...
Anyone else taking the challenge?
11 comments:
I think I'm going to try it this year. This will be my first. I think I"m ready!
Christy
I tried it for the first time last year and failed, swore I'd never try again, and then signed up for another go last month.
So far I have a ghost of an idea.
The first year, I scribbled a bunch of ideas on paper in October and then wrote several PB's during NaNo & an outline for a MG and I started the MG...the best part about NaNo is you don't have to work on the same thing, you just have to get the word count...I kept a separate computer file for NaNo, so I could keep track of the words...Last year I didn't do that, I wanted to write a MG and I just couldn't get the feel for it, so this year, I'm going back to the way I did things in 2006...
Good luck to both of you...!
I'm not sure what it is, though I see the name on the blueboards a lot. I'll have to look into it, though I don't know if I'll be up to doing it just yet. Wouldn't hurt to look though. Thanks Brenda!
Okay, I'm pretty organized, but you have all your NOVEMBER posts lined up to auto-post? There must be a prize of some sort for that. :)
I agree w/ marcia. I think you should be able to have like 10,000 word credits to your Nano count for being so organized. Wow!
rena...NaNo can be lots of funand if you make the word count, it is quite a feeling...
marcia...grin...if only I could get my writing/craft room organized as much... ;)
christy...I never thought about that! It feels good to finally be a head of the game...grin...
I've been curious about that, but now probably isn't the time for me to try it. I have picture book dummies to make that I've been putting off...
You will have to thank Hazel for the crock pot beef recipe, though - my family loved it!
I'm still contemplating NaNo this year. I finished it one year, but not a different year. But the novel I finished has so many issues that I haven't been able to fix them. Then again, I got in the habit of writing every day ... I might just sign up again ;)
Good idea to do a bunch of posts early. I may have to think about doing that too.
BTW, thank Hazel for me. DH and I tried the beefy recipe tonight for dinner. It didn't go exactly as planned (I bought the wrong soup mix, so I substituted my own spices and sliced up an onion to put on the top and bottom), but it was good. Hubby even liked it. Next time I might try it with beef stock instead of Coke though. It was a little sweet for me. But still yummy. Thanks Brenda! Thanks Hazel!
I can't wait to see what fun things Hazel cooks up next! (Does she have any sort of eggy recipe for breakfasts? I might try to find one for the holidays.
adrienne...glad you & your family liked the beef recipe...
sruble...my hubs likes the sweet beef some of the times and other times he doesn't want it sweet, so I mix a packet of the onion soup, 1 can of condensed mushroom soup and beef broth...mix those 3 together and pour over your roast and cook all day...yumm...
I will have Hazel post one of her breakfast meals...they are great...cook through the night and when you get up, you have breakfast! my kinda morning...grin...
Oh, thanks! That's another way to try the beef recipe, and I can't wait to see what's for creakfast :0)
Post a Comment