- Jell-O and Freezer Bags - prepare jell-o (your choice of flavor/color) according to the directions on the box and let cool enough to pour into freezer bag until three-quarters full. Seal the bag securely and freeze, and you have a homemade, flexible ice pack...when the Jell-O melts, simply refreeze...
- Unpopped popping corn - Pour unpopped kernels of corn into a small freezer bag and place in freezer...these ice packs easily conforms to your body...
- A sponge - saturate a sponge with water, slip it inside a freezer bag, and keep it in the freezer as a ready-made ice pack.
- Vodka - Pour 1/2 cup Vodka and 1/2 cup water into a freezer bag (you may want to add about 5 drops of food coloring for easy identification...wouldn't want that vodka to get into the wrong hands)...The alcohol doesn't freeze, but the water does, giving you a slushy, refreezable ice pack...
To protect the skin when using an ice pack, cut off one leg from a pair of panty hose and slip the ice pack inside...when you use the ice pack, you can place the ice pack over the area that hurts (example: ankle) and wrap the rest of the panty hose leg around your ankle to hold the pack in place...
9 comments:
Bad cow! Hope you feel better. When my kids were little we put an ice cube in a washcloth and tied it with a rubber band - we called them "boo-boo ghosts". Your solutions are a bit more sophisticated :)
Holy cow, that must have hurt!
I'll have to use one or two of those for the kids!
I've milked cows too and been stepped on by them...I like these ice-pack tips. Hubby uses them frequently, so I'll have to try these out.
THANKS!
adrienne...I love the idea of a boo-boo ghost! that would make a cute story...the little boo-boo ghost goes around helping people...?
kelly...even after being kicked, I like milking cows better then running apartments...grin...
bish...hope the help your hubby...my hubs said that some of these could be "draped" over something like a can of frozen concentrate, so that it would fit snug over the boo-boo area instead of fitting flat...
I remember when my girls were little and in gymnastics, they kept frozen peas on hand for injuries. Small town -- LOL!
Sorry to hear about the cow, Brenda and I hope you're feeling better and didn't bruise too bad.
Brenda: That's too bad. We used to have horses but they never kicked us. Stepped on our feet a couple times but no kicking.
My kids all played sports, Kara still does at college B-ball. So we keep the peas on hand. Plus we use frozen water bottles in case she hurts her feet. She likes to step on them.
Feel better.
P.S. Kinda wasting vodka - don't cha think ;-)
rena...when hubs and I got married, my MIL gave me a bag of frozen peas...I told her I liked the canned peas better and she said they weren't for eating, they were for ice packs...grin...
kim...just for you I did a search...you can use rubbing alcohol (it doesn't freeze either) instead of vodka...so there is no wasting of the good stuff...grin...
I'm sorry the cow kicked you - hope you're feeling better now! I like cows and I'm prone to injury, so I can relate to your post ;)
Great ideas for ice packs. The question is, will I remember them when I need them? Probably the Jell-O, because that sounds like fun.
sruble...the Jell-o one is my favorite...I can have different colors for my boo-boos...grin...
Post a Comment