Friday, November 14, 2008

Fixing it Fridays

With the holidays coming up, I don't know about your family, but we have lots of family come for a visit and all of them need to hug and kiss ya...and some of them should stop at the hug...

Bad Breath
  1. Alka-Seltzer - Dissolve two Alka-Seltzer tablets in a glass of warm water and use as a mouthwash. The baking soda in the Alka-Seltzer lowers the pH level in your mouth, killing odor-producing bacteria...
  2. Baking Soda - Add 1 tsp baking soda to one-half glass of warm water and swish through your teeth for a refreshing mouthwash.
  3. Apple Cider Vinegar - Mix equal parts Apple Cider Vinegar and water in a drinking glass for a potent mouth rinse. The acetic acid in the vinegar lowers the pH level in your mouth, killing odor-producing bacteria from your mouth.

7 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

Cool. And hey: congrats on the mounting NaNo word count! Almost 20K; that's impressive!!!

Bish Denham said...

I brush my teeth with baking soda. Been doing it for years. But that's probably more than you needed to know, right? :O

Rena Jones said...

Oh wow -- there was a lady at the library yesterday who could have used a whole box of baking soda! I wasn't even close to her, but when she spoke, it filled the entire room! ACK!

Adrienne said...

I like to brush with baking soda sometimes. Wish it tasted better, though :p

Kelly Polark said...

Ha! I'll have glasses of these ready for family when they come in!

Brenda said...

carrie...thanks...I've been lucky...boss hasn't been around and work has been slow, so doing a lot of writing between 9 and 5...grin...

bish...do you use anything with the baking soda to give it a little flavor...I've tried that, but I need a little mint in my toothpaste...

rena...I have some residents that come to the office and they just want to stay and talk and I want to offer them a whole box of mints...grins...

adrienne...I agree...

kelly...good luck with that...grin...

Melanie said...

Lovelly blog you have