Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hazel's Crockpot Thursdays

Beef Stroganoff

1 lb cubed stewing beef (beef chunks)
2 handfuls of chopped onion
14 1/2 oz can beef broth
2 (8 oz) chive & onion cream cheese containers
1 pkg of pasta or rice of your choice

Add first 3 items ingredients to crock; cook on low 6-8 hours (high 3-4 hours). Stir in cream cheese about 20 - 30 minutes before serving...

Serve over hot pasta/rice. Depending on your taste, you may need to salt and pepper this a little. I have also served this over mashed potatoes instead of pasta/rice...

hubs likes to put this in a bowl with corn...sort of like the KFC dinner bowls...

Hazel's tip of the week: For best results, most manufacturers recommend that the slow cooker be half to three-quarters full. Refer to the manufacturer's instruction book accompanying your pot.

12 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

Oh this reminds me of Mama. She used to make the best Beef Stroganoff, well, that and so many other things.

Kelly Polark said...

Mmmmm. Sounds like the perfect dinner for a chilly day!

Bish Denham said...

As colder weather approaches this sounds like a nice warm meal.

Bish Denham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrienne said...

This is one of my favorite dishes - especially in the winter. How great to have a crock pot recipe for it!

Brenda said...

We love this recipes...it is sooo simple...I hope you guys enjoy it as much...

Rena Jones said...

I'll have to try this one next. Right now I have your White Chili cooking in my pot. I just sneaked a taste and it's YUMMY! Waiting on the cornbread muffins now ...

Hazel rocks! ;-D

Nora MacFarlane said...

I love Hazel's Crockpot Thursdays! Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Sounds easy and yummy. Thanks for sharing!

Rena Jones said...

We LOVED the White Chili, Brenda! Thanks for posting the recipe. I'm making the Beef Stroganoff tonight. :)

Rena Jones said...

I made the Beef Stroganoff tonight. It was really good and super easy. Thanks Brenda!

sruble said...

Sounds yummy Brenda, thanks!