Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hazel's Crockpot Thursdays

Ranch Chicken

4-6 chicken breast (I like to chop my chicken up into cubes or use chicken strips)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or you can use cream of chicken soup)
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup water
1 cup sour cream

pasta/rice/mashed potatoes

Whisk together soup, ranch dressing mix & water in crock. Add chicken & cook on low for 4-6 hours (high 2-3). Stir in sour cream about 20 minutes before serving.

Serve over pasta/rice/mashed potatoes


Hazel's Crockpot Tip: To avoid heat loss, refrain from removing the lid during the first three-quarters of the cooking time. If you peek often, an extensions of the cooking time maybe required. Remove the lid only to stir food or check for doneness. Everytime you lift the lid, you may need to add 15 minutes to your cooking time...

8 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

Oh my meat gets so tender it falls right off the bone, in the crockpot. I've never cut it up 'cause I'm afraid it would disintegrate completely.

Maybe, on your advice, I'll give it a try.

Bish Denham said...

Oh this sounds so easy and "quick!" I suppose one could add something like peas or broc to this too?

Carrie Harris said...

Today, I'm making pork loin with barbecue sauce, and I thought of you and Hazel. Just wanted you to know. :)

And I think I might take a poll on names for my crock pot.

Adrienne said...

Great tip - I didn't know taking the lid off added so much to the cooking time.
I love the mushroom soup/sour cream combo!

Rena Jones said...

I think I have a recipe just like this, but haven't made it yet. I might do it tomorrow night. Thanks Hazel!

Brenda said...

kim...you can cook the meat on the bone the night before and then pull the meat off and make this recipe...?

bish...I, I mean Hazel, add things to the recipe all the time...we've had this with peas and it was quite good...

carrie...ah, how sweet...you gotta get a name for that crockpot...I imagine Hazel would be burning all my food if I called her "Hey you."...grin...

adrienne...Hubs loves mushroom soup...I won't eat it by itself, but I do use it in a lot of recipes...

rena...Hazel says "You're welcome"

Kelly Polark said...

THANK YOU! I am so going to make this next week! I love your Crockpot Thursdays! I get so many great ideas for dinner, I'm bored with my same ole recipes!

Brenda said...

Kelly...you're welcome...