All that walking and grabbing can't be good for your Fingernails and Toenails...so here are some ways to take care of them...Okay, maybe that is a stretch, but here goes...grin...
- Baking Soda - To whiten fingernails & toenails, add three TBL baking soda to 1/2 cup warm water. Soak your nails in the solution for 15 minutes. Then softly brush across each nail with a nailbrush.
- Bounce - Rubbing your fingernails with a Bounce dryer sheet removes nail polish without nail polish remover.
- ChapStick - Condition dry, cracked cuticles by rubbing on ChapStick Lip Balm
- White Vinegar - Soften cuticles by filling a bowl with White Vinegar and soaking your fingers in it for five minutes. Also, fingernail polish will adhere longer to nails that have been soaked in vinegar.
- Marshmallows - Polish your toenails by placing a marshmallow between each toe before painting them.
- Baby Oil - Soften brittle nails by warming a few TBL of baby oil and soaking your nails in it for 10 minutes
- Listerine - Treat toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine 4 times daily for a couple of weeks. Listerine is an antiseptic that kills germs.
- Miracle Whip - To strengthen your nails, soak them in Miracle Whip for 5 minutes, then wash them clean
- Coppertone tanning lotion - To soften brittle fingernails, warm 3 tsp of Coppertone, and use it as a hot-oil treatment
- Orajel - If you're suffering from an ingrown toenail, apply Orajel to numb the tissue around the nail so you can work on it
- Vicks VapoRub - Treat toenail fungus by applying a thick coat of Vicks VapoRub to the affected nail several times a day.
Strange Facts:
- Fingernails grow .02 inches per week - four times faster than toenails
- Human fingernails are made of the same material as rhinoceros horns
- As early as 3000 B.C.E, Egyptian women stained their fingernails with henna
10 comments:
WOW! What a lot of interesting things to use on one's nails. Hubby has used the Vicks on a toe. It worked, though it took a bit of time to clear up, so one has to be patient.
That's crazy.
Oh, and yeah, I've started shopping. Have you?
great tips! thanks!
Christy
Interesting tips here! LOL @ how you related it to holiday shopping. I love it. I keep my nails short now, but I used to have really long ones. Now that drives me bonkers, so shorter is better for me. I'll have to keep the Orajel idea though, since I have been battling with one toe lately.
Happy Shopping! :)
HEY! Since when did our names start showing up with capital letters on our replies? Is that new for Blogger?
I broke two fingernails already this week!
The marshmallow tip cracked me up - but it sounds pretty cushy, actually.
Wow, you nailed this one! ;0)
I want to know how many people eat the marshmallows after they put them between their toes....
Kelly: I was wondering the same thing. I wouldn't want to give up my midnight snack to use them on my feet - no one sees my toes - especially in the winter.
;-)
bish...I wondered about the vicks idea...my MIL keeps vicks on hand all the time, so I'll let her know...
carrie...the only thing I have purchased so far is a Bigfoot action figure for Hubs...he loves Bigfoot...grin...
christy...you're welcome... :)
rena...I do most if not all my shopping online, so my fingernails are in need of help...grin...
adrienne...it would be a conversation piece if you took them with you when you went to get a pedicure...grin...
kelly...dust off the toe fuzz and I'm sure they taste fine...grin...
kim...if you're careful painting your toenails, and don't get any polish on the marshmallows...you can have your pedicure and eat it too...grin... ;)
Ooooh, I'd love to try the Bounce, the vinegar, and the Chapstick. Hints from Heloise has nothing on you! :)
Post a Comment