I was sitting here thinking about everything I had to do, and what I did and it dawned on me that I forgot to post a Fixing it Friday...so I need to catch up with that...(I think everything else is on auto post, but I forgot to do that for this Friday's fixing it...)
So this weeks Fixing it Friday is going to be on "STRESS" and how to calm the stress of the NaNo month and for the holiday season that is fast approaching...not to mention the daily stress we all have...I hope you feel a little more calm after this weeks Fixings...
- BenGay...Rub a dab of BenGay into your temples and massage gently to relieve tension throughout your body. Avoid getting it in your eyes...
- Bubble Wrap...Pop them bubbles...pretend each bubble is a problem (or person) that is causing you stress...
- Crayons...Draw a picture...color a picture...going back in time to be a child again with time to color can help your stress seem less important...
- Flour...make a stress ball...stretch a balloon a few times...insert a funnel into the neck of the balloon and fill with flour...tie a knot and squeeze the flour-filled balloon to relieve stress...
- Vanilla extract...soak a cotton ball in vanilla extract and place on a saucer as aromatherapy to calm your nerves...close your eyes and take a couple deep breaths and remember a happy memory...think of the beach, the mountains, etc...
- Find a picture something that calms you...a sunset, a waterfall, a field of flowers...whatever might calm you...keep it close and when you feel stressed, look at your picture...picture yourself sitting on the beach at sunset or dipping your toes in the water or sitting in the middle of the flowers...
Don't let stress take over your life...relax and enjoy the day! Hugs...
5 comments:
Great post, Brenda. I'm sorry to hear you've been so busy and stressed out. I hope things calm down for you soon. Congratulations on your 2167 words. That's great! I loved your ideas to relieve stress. I have to agree with the Crayon one -- that works. I'm always coloring, playing with Play-Doh, painting and such with the boys. Here's one more --
Coat your hand in Elmer's glue, let it dry and then peel it off slowly! Talk about a real test in patience! ;)
We've still got 28 days, right???
Wow, Brenda! You got a lot done for having such a busy day! I hope you use some of your stress suggestions if it gets to be too much! Good luck!
Thanks for the helpful ideas, Brenda and good luck with NaNo! Even though I'm not up for NaNo this year, I still have plenty of need for your many wonderful suggestions!
Oh I wanted to play along. But, like you said, there just aren't enough hours. We were gone all weekend - and I forgot. Maybe next year.
Post a Comment