I've gotta secret...come close...Did you know you don't have to wait for January 1st to make your resolutions / set goals?...I know, crazy ain't it...grin...
I always go way overboard on January 1st...I want to start the new year off on the right track...I will lose weight, I will exercise more, eat healthier, write more, read more, etc. etc. etc. And by January 2nd, I'm all ready wore out from trying to hard to do all of these things...so I thought it would be good to start my resolutions/goals early, so that maybe I can work on them a little at a time and maybe make it beyond the January 2nd date...so here we go...
This weeks story starter is all about setting goals...for you and for your characters...
Set 2 weekly, monthly, and yearly goals for you and your characters...
Your goals can be about writing or personal goals or anything you want to achieve. But make your character's goals something to do with the story they are in...by setting the goal for your character to fix the situation they are in, you might find their story easier to write...
Even if your story is based on a short period of character's time, create these goals for the week, month and year...knowing where your character wants to be in a year, might just be what will get you through the day-to-day stories your characters want to tell...
Hugs...
9 comments:
I love goals.
Good luck with yours.
:)
Another neat one! A great way to get inside a characters head and you'll never know where it will take you!
I just love your story starters!
Christy
Great thought! I'll have to think about my characters...for me, I'm trying to set end of the year goals - things I want to finish up so I can start fresh in the new year.
hmmm ... Goals for me would be to stop eating Halloween candy. For my characters? That's a tougher one. But thanks for the reminder that they need to have them. It's easy to lose track of that.
Oooh... this one will be fun. I'm giggling already.
Which would sound strange if you didn't know I write comedy. Heck, it probably still sounds strange. Great idea anyway!
I love your story starters, Brenda. I'm big on goal making as well as list making. I have "issues" in other words! ;)
Interesting idea to do goals with your character!
I have a general to do list, but I do think I'd be more productive with a weekly goal list!
Hi All...
Hope the goals help...right now my goal is to get through NaNo in one piece...grin...
I've been trying to do this lately too. I think it's better than waiting until January. I'll think about doing it for my character too, although I'm pretty sure I already know what her goals are during the course of the story. However, I don't know what the other characters goals are, like the MC's best friend or love interest.
Post a Comment