Monday, November 17, 2008

Start the Week with a Story Starter

We make time for dates with our loved ones, friends, etc. We make appointments at work so that we have the time to talk with our customers. We schedule time to visit the doctor, dentist and/or hair dresser...So why don't we make an appointment with our writing/characters?

Make your character/story/plot feel important by making time for them...each day, whether it is 5 minutes or 5 hours...do something for and with your story. Set aside that time (put it in your date book)...you might find that when you have that time set aside, you won't feel like you have to do something else and you might just not allow other things to take that time away from your story/character/plot...

5 comments:

Bish Denham said...

You have hit the nail on the head, Brenda!

Carrie Harris said...

I'm going to take my character for a pedicure. Actually, I'm kidding, but I like the idea anyway. :)

Adrienne said...

Sometimes I think I spend TOO much time with my stories - I can't get them out of my head, even sometimes when my kids are talking to me. They think I'm nuts.

Kelly Polark said...

My poor characters think I off and went on vacation...I am planning to visit with them and revise this week though!

Brenda said...

bish...thank you...

carrie...a pedicure sounds great...let me grab my character and we'll meet you there...grin...

adrienne...maybe you need to schedule some time away from your characters...do a crossword puzzle or watch a movie (that won't remind you of your character)...grin...

kelly...bring chocolate to your characters and they will forget all about the fact that you went on vacation without them...grin...