Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Savings for Black Friday

Today I have decided to take a little break from NaNo and do a little research...This research is for holiday gifts...I hope I don't sound like a commercial, because I don't mean to, I just thought I would share the information with you...Every year I do my "Black Friday" shopping in the warmth and comfort of my home in my pj's and floppy slippers...no standing in line in the cold and I don't have to push and shove my way through the crowds. Granted there are some items you can't do this with (Walmart had laptops on sale a few years back and the only way to get the great price was to actually go to the store)...but with a little research, you will know this before you go...

The best part of online shopping is that there are several sites you can go to and get discounts on things you buy online. Have you ever heard of PromoCodes? When you purchase something on the web, just before you click to finalize your sale, look for the PromoCode box...this is where you will enter (usually) a word and it is like using a coupon...you get more off of your purchase...sometimes it might be free shipping (but here's a hint...most stores offer free shipping if you purchase a certain dollar amount and most of the promo's are for that amount so you really don't need those promocodes, but make sure you check first) and sometimes you might get 10%, 15% or more off of your total order...

Finding PromoCodes is easy...I've listed some of sites below that you can click on, find the store you are looking for and look at the different deals that store has...find the deal you want and write down that PromoCode (most PromoCodes have expiration dates, so watch for those)...go to the online store, buy what you want and then don't forget to enter your code...

These site let you search by store or product (from clothing to furniture and more)...If you know the stores you like to shop at online, then you can find them quickly by looking them up...if you are trying to find something that can be at many stores (pet supplies, etc.) then you can look it up by category and save yourself a little time...This is how I like to look for things if I have the time...they will give you a list of all the stores that have "pet supplies" and you have all the codes right there, plus there might be a store that I forgot about and in turn would have forgotten to check their sales, etc.

And I always look at all the sites...you never know when a better code might be on one site and not another...

Here are some sites you can go to that will give you PromoCodes:

Current Codes
DealHunting.com
edealfinders.com

Sites can even find rebates for certain items (I've not used any of these stores...I've only heard word-of-mouth that they work)
WheresMyRebate.com - this site lets you track the rebates that you have mailed off
Wow Coupons and rebates - this site lets you print restaurant, grocery, retail and travel coupons also
Restaurant certificates are also online...This is great, you might be able to get a $25.00 certificate and only pay $10.00 for it...We've used this when going on vacation...we enter the zip code of the vacation site and it gives us a list of restaurants in that area to pick from...We've given these as gifts also...my in-laws love to eat out, so this helps me give them something they like and I don't go broke doing it...
There is even a site called "Black Friday Ads"...it is sort of a "hint" at what might be on sale in case you want to get a list of things/stores before that day...
And something fairly new "Cyber Monday" - this is like Black Fridays only its for those of you (and me) who like to shop online...I've never really gotten into Cyber Mondays, because I have been able to find great deals online on Black Friday, but I wanted to include it in this information in case you want to torture yourself on Black Friday in the cold and then thaw out on Cyber Monday...

And I can't not list the sites that give you printable coupons to take to the grocery store:

Coolsavings.com
Couponbug.com
Smartsource.com
Coupons.com

Did you know you can download coupons to your MVP cards....check out the store site that you shop at and see if they offer this...A lot of times, you can use the coupon on your card and a paper coupon for even more savings...

Shortcuts.com

And if you are interested in some other sites that gives you advice on how to save money while shopping, I even have those:

Mommysavers.com
CouponMom.com
TheGroceryGame.com

4 comments:

sruble said...

Thanks for all the ideas and links Brenda!

I usually just look up coupons in a search engine, but this seems better.

I shopped cyber Monday last year (by accident). It was CRAZY! A lot of stuff I clicked on was already sold out.

Kelly Polark said...

I do the promocode search, too, when I shop online. Very helpful. I am going to take advantage of the coupons for the grocery store though. Thank you for the great tips that are very needed in this economy!!!!

Kimbra Kasch said...

I've never done that research. Thanks for sharing all the codes, tips and coupons!

Cate Gardner said...

I hate shopping and wish I could do it all on the net. :)