Jacqui...talked about catching up with your muse by reading the signs that your muse is leaving you...
And this past Sunday, Kim talked about a cookie exchange she had with friends...
So I thought...maybe those are my signs to learn new cookie recipes. Maybe my muse is telling me she is hungry for cookies...lots and lots of cookies...so My Friends...welcome to the very first "Blogging Cookie Exchange"... or what I like to call the... "Blookie Exchange"
I would love for you all to share your favorite (and easy) cookie recipes...put them in the comment section of this post so everyone can share your wonderful cookie recipes...
Me! Me! Me!...I'll go first...grin...
Milky Way Squares (did you really think I was going to do something that did not include chocolate...grin)...
Ingredients:
4 (2 oz) Milky Way candy bars, chopped
3/4 cup butter
3 cups rice crispy cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
- In saucepan over low heat or microwave-safe dish, melt candy bars and 1/2 cup butter. Stir until mixture melts and is smooth...
- Stir until blended
- Stir in cereal
- Pat into greased 11x7 inch pan
- In another saucepan or microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and remaining butter.
- Stir until smooth
- Spread over cereal mixture
- Refrigerate until firm
- Cut into squares
**I spray some mini muffin pans with cooking spray and use them instead of the 11x7 pan...then I spoon the melted chocolate over each individual "muffin"...once they firm up, I end up with little "cookies" instead of the squares...it makes them a little different...
**I also use white chocolate and mix and match them...
Okay...your turn...make me a cookie pro...share your easiest, but tastiest cookie recipes...the more the merrier...I want to have plenty of cookies to share this holiday season...
Happy Holidays!
20 comments:
Oh, how fun, Brenda! I did a cookie exchange party at my house one year. I wanted to do it regularly, but never got around to it. What a fun idea to do it here!
CINNAMON SUGAR BUTTER COOKIES
Topping--
3T sugar
1T ground cinnamon
Cookies--
2-1/2C flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1/4tsp salt
1C packed dark brown sugar
1/2C sugar
1C butter, softened
2 large eggs
2tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside. In medium bowl, combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well and set aside. In large bowl, blend sugars with electric mixer at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. (It's usually sticky so I use 2 spoons to roll the dough around) Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake 18-20 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen.
These are my husband's favorite!
Oh, these sound heavenly. Here's my favorite and EASY! It doesn't have to be for Christmas, but they are rather festive with all their butter- and chocolate, of coures.
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Ingredients:
• 1 cup of butter
• ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
• ½ cup corn starch
• 1 cup of choc. chips
• 1 ½ cup of flour
1. Beat butter and sugar.
2. Mix flour and corn starch
3. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.
4. Add choc chips.
5. Shape into balls on a non greased cookie sheet
6. Bake at 350 until brown
I don't bake cookies so much, but I EAT them. Can I still participate? ;)
I'll chime in tonight - I have to figure out my favorite. Why do you think I'm so chubby - I like 'em all.
Awesome idea! Here's our favorite (and it's easy!):
LEMON BARS
1 c. flour
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. conf. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. gran. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 T lemon juice
Crust: With pastry blender, blend together flour, butter and confectioner's sugar. Press into 8 X 8 baking pan. Bake 20 mins., til golden.
Filling: Beat together remaining indregients til pale. Pour over crust and bake 20 - 25 mins. Let cool, then sprinkle with more confectioner's sugar and cut into squares.
My recipe is fabulous... Go to the local supermarket and buy a packet. ;) I'm willing to admit I can't cook.
I'm so glad to have helped inspire more cookies in the world! I'll share mine soon.
Yum! Super idea, Brenda. Mine requires no actual baking so it may work for you :0)
Holly Cookies
32 large marshmallows, 3 1/2 cups cornflakes, 1 stick margarine or butter, 1 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring, red cinnamon candies or red sugar
Heat margarine and marshmallows to melt in pot on stove. Mix food coloring in.
Mix with cornflakes
Stir and set on waxed paper in small clumps. Decorate with two red candies for holly (or shape into wreath). I use red sugar as my kids don't like the cinnamon candies.
So many easy cookie recipes, so little time...grin...
rena...yum! yum! Can't wait to try those...
Christina...thanks for stopping by!! Any recipe with chocolate chips in it has to be good...grin...
carrie...of course you can...
kim...not chubby...just healthy... ;)
adrienne...Hubs will love these! And I think I might be able to make them...grin...
catherine...Great recipe! The Pillsbury Ready to Bake cookies are my secret recipe...I love those cookies!
jacqui...Thank you for your inspiration...I'm sure these cookies will help my muse talk up a storm...grin...
kelly...you know me so well...grin...
Yum!!!! Here's mine. These last about a day in my household - that is, if they make it past the dough stage and into the oven...
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Cream together:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup crisco
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 T milk
Mix in:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Stir in 2 cups regular oatmeal then 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
(or 1 cup semi-sweet and 1 cup peanut butter chips)
Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes. Let sit on the pan for 1 minute before transferring to a paper towel to cool.
We only cool them long enough so they don't burn the roof of our mouths. mmmmmm...
I do something sneaky: I put whole what flour and wheat germ in chocolate chip cookies -- it might sound weird, but it improves the taste!
Just use a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, add a tablespoon of milk and half a cup of wheat germ; substitute white flour for whole wheat pastry flour. It makes it a lot easier to watch your kids wolfing down cookies when you know that they're getting at least some goodness from them.
A friend recently gave me this rediculously easy recipe for macaroons.
Preheat over to 350 -
5 cups (one 14 oz bag)sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 aolmond extract
1 cup milk
1 14 oz can CONDENSED milk
Mix the above ingredients together.
Grease cookie sheets. Dop by teaspoons onto sheet. Bake 15 minutes (longer if needed) until there's some browning of the coconut. These cookies do not crisp up, they are chewing and yumming. Makes about 40.
Oh! PS on the macaroons, you gotta remove them from the cookie sheet immediately!
I have 5 words for you. Pilsbury Already made cookie dough.
It's fabulous. I'll never bake cookies from scratch again. The already made dough is so much better and looks home made!!!! Just add M&M's or hersey kisses or something to throw everybody off. ;0)
Although, I must admit, your recipe sounds worth the effort.
Mary, I sneak in the wheat germ too! It adds a wonderful nutty taste.
Nora...Yummmm!
Mary...I will have to try this...anytime I can get something healthy in the food without Hubs knowing the better...grin...
Bish...My dad will love these! Can't wait to try them...
Christy...4 words for you...I love those cookies!!! grin...Between Pillsbury and Hazel...there are times that I look like Betty Crocker...grin...
Almond Maraschino cherry Cookies
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Beat on medium speed until blended
3 1/2 tablespoons butter (softened)
3 tablespoons corn oil
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon very finely grated lemon or lime zest
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 teaspoon almond extract
Add in a package of almond paste
(blend until smooth then combine with dry ingredients)
drop a teaspoonful of batter on greased and floured cookie sheet and press a maraschino cherry in the middle. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.
(YUMMMMM)
Oh, the cookie-making was not pretty in my house. I posted about it here.
Kim...My FIL will love these...thanks...
Jacqui...I made three kinds of cookies today...two types of no bakes and one ready to bake (Pillsbury)...I used just about every dish in the cabinets and I'm exhausted...grin...can't wait to read about your adventure...grin..
I looked for my recipe and didn't find it before we left :( I bought 2 magazines with a bazillion cookie recipes. When we got here, I found the recipe! :) Here's it is (from Land O'Lakes a few years ago):
Almond Butter Cookies
(makes 5 dozen)
Cookie
1 C Land O' Lakes butter, softened (or other butter :)
3/4 C sugar
1 t almond extract
2 C flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
Glaze
1/2 C semi-sweet choc. chips
2 t shortening
Heat oven to 400. Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add all remaining cookie ingredients. Beat until well mixed.
Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness with bottom of buttered glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
Melt chocolate chips and shortening in 1 qt. saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (2-4 minutes). Drizzle or pipe top of cooled cookies making tree design, if desired.
Notes from when I made them a few years ago:
1. There was a picture of all these perfect cookies with chocolate drizzle trees on them. The trees are impossible to make. This year I intend to just drizzle a bit of chocolate on them, or put a small glob in the middle of the cookie. Tastes the same, and doesn't make me want to harm people that say my trees don't look like trees.
2. Some people stole cookies before I added the chocolate (ok, everyone did). There was a debate on whether the cookies were better with or without chocolate. I intend to make half the batch with and half without this year to satisfy both groups (for the record, they taste good both ways).
3. They are easier to make then it sounds like, especially if you don't try to make the stupid trees
Enjoy :)
Post a Comment