Second, Hazel is feeling a little left out, so she has decided to give you a Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner recipe...She's soooo spoiled...grin....
BREAKFAST:
Egg and Cheese Bake
3 cups toasted bread cubes (toast bread, cut into cubes)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
fried, crumbled bacon, or ham chunks, optional
6 eggs
3 cups milk
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Combine bread cubes, cheese and meat in greased slow cooker. Mix together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture. Cook on Low 4-6 hours
LUNCH:
Meatball Sub Sandwich
24 frozen pre-cooked meatballs
26 ounces spaghetti sauce
6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
4 sub sandwich rolls -- toasted or plain
Combine meatballs and spaghetti sauce in crockpot. Cook on low for 3-5 hours or until heated through. Serve on submarine sandwich buns. Top with cheese.
DINNER:
Pepper Steak Oriental
1 lb round steak, sliced thin (partially frozen for easier slicing)
3 TBL soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
4-oz can mushrooms, drained or 1 cup fresh mushrooms
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours. Serve over rice with provolone cheese.
DESSERTS:
Cherry Delight
21-oz can cherry pie filling
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup walnuts, optional
Place pie filling in greased slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter (mixture will be crumbly). Sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and cook on Low 4 hours, or on High 2 hours. Allow to cool, then serve in bowls with dips of ice cream.
Note: For a less rich, less sweet dessert, use only half the cake mix and only 1/4 cup butter, melted.
Enjoy!
7 comments:
That sounds like one delicious day! Alas, I only have one crockpot-no, wait, we just got a small one for dips etc....but will definitely try these on separate days! Thanks, Hazel!
Oh...I forgot to post a cookie recipe. But, I'm going to travel back in time, to correct my mistake.
My lips are watering already. That Oriental Steak sounds absolutely delicious!
whenever I come to your blog, I get hungry.
mouth is watering. . . . must get food.
All of these sound great. Now I'm hungry. :)
Thanks for the recipes Hazel and Brenda! I'm still looking for that almond cookie recipe to share (I'd better find it, since we're leaving tomorrow!). I'll post it today if I get a chance, or after we arrive at our destination :)
BTW, Sheila answered your question today, although I'm hoping you aren't still having that problem.
kelly...Hazel is shocked! Only one crockpot...I think she actually fainted...grin...
kim...got the cookie recipe and can't wait to try them...
kate...hope you enjoy them...
christy...my goal is to make everyone my size...so that we will run those skinny minnies out of town...grin...
rena...hope you enjoy them...
sruble...can't wait to find out what Sheila said...
Post a Comment