Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hazel's Crockpot Thursdays

I thought Hazel had given me this recipe to share before now, but I didn't see it when I searched, so I'm posting it and hopefully it will be the first time you will have read it here...

Creamy Italian Chicken

8-10 skinless, boneless chicken strips
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 oz) pkg of cream cheese
1/2 bottle of Italian salad dressing

1 bag of egg noodles...

Mix first 4 ingredients and put in crockpot...cook on low 5-6 hours...Make noodles per package directions...You can either put the cooked noodles into the crock and stir then serve or you can put the noodles on a serving plate and spoon the spoon the mixture over them... (I like to use the least amount of dishes that I can)


Apple Caramel Crock Pot Dessert

5 apples
1 C. apple juice
14 oz. caramel candies
2 t. vanilla1 t. cinnamon
2/3 C. peanut butter

Peel, core and cut each apple into 16 wedges. Set aside. Combine apple juice, caramels, vanilla and cinnamon in the crockpot. Add the apples. Add the peanut butter by teaspoons to the apples. Stir. Cover & cook for 4-5 hours on Low.

Stir to mix thoroughly and cook 1 more hour. Serve over angel food cake with vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Mmmm, these sound good. I make an Italian chicken in mine, but it's a little different than this one. The apples sound really good too.

Kimbra Kasch said...

Oh yum! I'm having a party on the 19th, I'm going to have to make these caramel apples.

And, my Mom used to make a great egg noodle dish. One day I'll post it.

Thanks for these.

Bish Denham said...

Ooooh, these sound yummy indeed! I'm soooo glad to have my computer back so I can come over here and drool.

Adrienne said...

Whoa! That dessert sounds decadent! The chicken sounds yummy, too - I'll have to try that!

Kelly Polark said...

YUM and YUMMIER!

Brenda said...

Hazel likes to hear her recipes have a yummy factor...grin...Enjoy!

C.R. Evers said...

Yummy, yummy yummy!!!!

my mouth is watering!

Marcia said...

These sound SO good. I'm about due to fire up that crock pot again (having exhausted the turkey, finally). :)

sruble said...

Thanks for the recipes! I'm trying to find a good one for the cookie exchange (I try something new almost every year, but they aren't all easy or good. I have a couple that everyone liked, so I'm trying to find them).