Monday, December 1, 2008

Start the Week with a Story Starter

This is another "What if" kind of story starter...Make the normal, not so normal...

Examples:
  1. What if butterflies had teeth? Would they bite you? Would they use dental floss?
  2. What if it rained/snowed popcorn? Would you be able to eat it? Would you be able to make a snowman out of popcorn balls?
  3. What if your life was a game show? How would you play it? What would be the prize?
  4. What if your favorite cartoon character came for a visit? What would you serve for dinner?
  5. What if you lived on the moon? What would your space suit look like? Would you be like the Jetsons or would your life be more like the Flintstones?
  6. What if everyone turned purple? Would that change the way we look at each other?
  7. What if your life was a commercial? Who would buy you? And why?
  8. What if your parents were the Cleavers, the Bradys or the Campetts? How different would your life be now?
  9. What if you were your dog/cats pet? How do you think they would treat you?
  10. What if you could color the leaves any color you wanted? What would your forest look like?

Look at your day and the people/animals/things around you and imagine what it would be like if they were different...

Hugs...

9 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

Butterflies don't have teeth!?!? ;)

Strangely enough, I think I had a dream not too long ago in which I was attacked by some rabid butterflies.

Adrienne said...

Fun list! I believe my dog does think I'm her pet. She's pretty darn bossy, too.

Kelly Polark said...

That is cute! The commercial one made me giggle. I love the colored leaves one...interesting!

sruble said...

Great questions!

BTW, Sheila would love to use all your questions to tell her stories. She thinks that her stories are more interesting when she exaggerates. :)

Rena Jones said...

LOL -- good ones. I'd hate to see how my cat treated me if I were her pet. She's mean enough now!

C.R. Evers said...

I love "what if" questions! Great ones! :0D

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Great questions, Brenda.

And I promise now that nano is over, I'll do a better job of coming by your blog to visit.

eep.

Kimbra Kasch said...

My son, who's 21, always asks "What if?" And he is sooo random ;-)

Brenda said...

carrie...okay, so your butterflies don't have teeth, but they have rabies? grin...

adrienne...I know the feeling...Koda bosses me around all the time...grin...

kelly...I think my life would be a good commercial for Calgon "take me away" or Pepto Bismol...grin...

sruble...sheila has my permission to use all the questions she would like...who am I to tell her "no"...grin...

rena...Maybe you could do a "cinderella" version..your cat could be the Stepmother and you could be "caterella"...grin...

christy...thanks...

linda...hope they help if ya ever need a jumpstart...

kim...now you have a few "what ifs" to throw back at him...grin...