Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaNo is over and I need a nap!!



I did it!!! In between people coming and going, eating too much food and doing some black Friday shopping...I made my NaNo word count...50,252...I would jump for joy, but I am whipped! I would sneak off and do some typing between guest and meals, but I still had quite a ways to go...

So I started finishing my NaNo story "Our Changing Summer" last evening around 4 p.m...I finally had no guest, I was sick of turkey and I told Jeff to go to bed I would be there when I finished writing...around 1 a.m. he came in and said it was time to go milk the cows, so I grabbed up my laptop (gotta love them laptops) and I typed in between putting cows on and waiting for them to come off the milkers (about 10 to 15 minutes of writing between sets of cows)...then we got home around 4:30 a.m. this morning, I plugged my laptop back up and did not move until I was over my 50,000 words...I'm exhausted, but can't seem to go to sleep...I guess I'm too tired...

So I've been catching up on blogs, posting this one and maybe I will eat a little lunch and go to bed then...

Congrats to everyone who did NaNo...whether you made it or not, you took the challenge and you wrote! That deserves a pat on the back...so pat, pat...

Okay, I'm obviously sleep deprived and am signing off to take a little nap...

Happy Holidays!

8 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Congratulations Brenda! Wow, you were up all night, but you did it! That's great! Now go to sleep! ;)

Nora MacFarlane said...

My goodness! Milking cows at 1 A.M.?

Congratulations to you!! That's quite an accomplishment.

I puttered out of Nano about half-way through and went back to my WIP. I got the bones for another novel, though. So it was time well-spent.

Kelly Polark said...

Holy COW, Brenda! How often do you have to milk the cows at 1am?!
A big CONGRATS to you on your Nano achievement! Now go get some rest, girl!

Cate Gardner said...

CONGRATULATIONS

Kimbra Kasch said...

I'm sooo proud of everyone who took the challenge and a huge congrats to those who succeeded. I didn't event step up to the plate but you hit a home run!!!

sruble said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woo Hoo! That's a big accomplishment, especially the writing while milking cows. I can't even imagine.

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I could have sworn I posted in this thread the other day. Apparently not. Hmm...

Anyway...

Yayhoo! You're awesome!

Brenda said...

rena...thanks and sleep I did...grin...

nora...Congrats on getting the bones for another story...that is all that matters...

kelly...the cows get milked every morning at 1 a.m. and every afternoon at 1 p.m...thankfully, I only have to milk on Sundays...grin..

catherine...thanks :)

kim... thanks...

sruble...thankfully, for once the cows didn't act up, so I was able to sneak in a few minutes of writing...and Hubs knew it was important so he took on a little more of the milking duties for me that morning...

linda...I think I have a blog blob who eats up some of the posts...I try to keep him fed, but every now and again I get busy and he starts munching on blog posts..grin...