Hazel is so happy to be posting recipes again...she's been jumping up and down on the counter top all evening...grin...
While on Christmas break, Hazel went to the beach for some rest and relaxation...while there she picked up this recipe and she hopes you and your family will enjoy it...
Shrimp Marinara
16 ounces diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 clove garlic -- minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano6 ounces tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 pound cooked shelled shrimp
Combine all ingredients except shrimp in crockpot. Cover; cook on low for 6-7 hours. Stir in shrimp, cover, cook on high for 15 minutes. Serve over pasta.
Blueberry Dump Cake
21 ounces can blueberry pie filling
1 package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Place pie filling in the slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter, sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle the walnuts on top of that. Cover and cook on low for 2 - 3 hours. Serve warm in bowls. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. (the steam will make the liquid needed to make this, so there is no need to add any)
12 comments:
BDC: But I'm trying to stick with my New Year's Resolution - to Eat Less Fat.
Oh yum! I hope Hazel had a wonderful time at the beach! If nothing else it sounds like she had fun gathering recipes.
And now I'm hungry. :)
MMMMMMM, yummy as usual, Hazel. I wish I could eat that blueberry cake for breakfast right now. I love blueberries!
Mmm, those sound good. BTW, what size pot do you use for the cake?
Yeah! It's Hazel's Crockpot Thursdays! There'll Blueberry Dump Cake in mine on Saturday.
Mmmm, boo-berry! (Actually, my favorite is Count Chocula, but I always liked saying Boo Berry :)
Thanks everyone...
Rena...I use a regular old upright...I've had them so long, I'm not sure what size they are...I think it is 5 quarts...It's the normal size one...the size you can find everywhere...hope that helps...I like using the uprights for cakes, etc. because I like being able to scoop it out...grin...
Shrimp is one of my favorite things, but my husband is allergic (sigh). The blueberry cake sounds wonderful...and easy! I'm always amazed those recipes really work.
Thanks Brenda. I mostly use my 6-qt one for everything, but just bought a 4-qt as well. I've done similar cakes in my big one, but they always took way longer to cook because of the extra space I guess. I'll give it a try in my 4-qt and see how that handles. Thanks again!
Hi Brenda! I've nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award over on my blog. I hope you can check it out. :)
Yum! This looks delicious. Can't wait to try it out.
Post a Comment