Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Madness

Is it just me or is Monday the longest day of the week? I think it has something to do with Monday coming after the weekend. When you have days off, you basically schedule your time the way you want it, and then you go back to work and someone else plans your day...and you keep dreaming of the weekend...

Or it could be the people you meet on Mondays...For some reason strange people circulate on Monday. They've driven their family members nuts over the weekend, and they are looking for some fresh meat to drive crazy...and these people have a direct route to my office...

Exhibit A:

I had a lady come to my office and ask about an apartment, she wanted to know what came in the units, so I was telling her that some units come with dishwashers and some don't...she says "Well, how do you do the dishes in the units that don't have one?" I say, "They all have kitchen sinks." and she replies, "okay, but what does that have to do with washing dishes?"... argh!

How do some people make it through life?

On a better note...I decided to do a "fun calendar" for my residents...it has all those fun days on it like Hugging day, and Perfect Penguin Day, etc...The residents all love reading the fun things...

Well, January is Gourmet Coffee Month, so I decided to have a Gourmet coffee tasting for the residents so they can try different flavors of coffee they might not otherwise get a chance to try...Now I just have to figure out what I'm doing...grin...I don't like coffee, I've never been to a tasting of any kind, so I'm not sure what I'm suppose to have them do, etc. I know after each flavor of coffee they are suppose to drink some water and take a bite of a cracker...to clear their taste buds, but after that I don't know what I'm to have them do...do I give them a list of the coffees so they can make note of which flavors they like and which ones they don't? Do I ask them to describe the flavor? Do I tell them what flavor they are about to drink or let them guess? What am I doing? Whatever it is I only have until this Friday to figure it out...argh!!!

And changing subjects again...I did get almost one chapter done on my newest project...I'm so excited...but I don't want to tell too much for fear of jinxing it...but I promise to share more info later...

And one last thing...Have you ever seen a spoiled dog? If not, look at my facebook link on the right side of my blog...This pup is so spoiled that I rearranged my entire craft room, so that he and I could share the same window and he can be close to me...he kept whining at my feet for the last 2 weeks, I just couldn't get him to use his "original" window seat, so I rearranged...now he is just a touch more spoiled...gotta love him...

Hugs...

5 comments:

sruble said...

Cute puppy! I can't believe you set up cool events for the apartment complex. Ours is nothing like that. They are lucky to have you.

It's scary that the lady doesn't know how to wash dishes, or can't figure it out from the fact that there's a sink, which has water, and she could buy soap.

Not everything can be washed in the dishwasher. Does she throw things away if they're not dishwasher safe?

It's sad that some people don't get the lessons they need to live on their own.

sruble said...

p.s. Good luck on your new project!!! I can't wait to hear about it.

Brenda said...

I've always done things like this for the residents...it makes my job fun...grin...

Rena Jones said...

It sounds like you have a lot of stuff planned. I love coffee, so I wish I could be there for the tasting.

Kimbra Kasch said...

Great idea about the tasting. I would give them a list when they came in and have them check the ones they like, then they can take the list home and be ready to buy the flavors they liked. Also some different tasting creamers: french vanilla, egg nog, raspberry to try might be fun.

What a wonderful landlady.