So what have I been doing so far this year that has kept me away from writing on this blog and reading all the great blogs out there? Well, I have been deciding on some major changes in my life...I figure the soon-to-be president ran his campaign based on "Change", and look where it got him...grin...So I have decided to make 2009 my year of change. And those changes are:
- I am changing directions with my writing. First, as much as I love writing for children, I have had an opportunity presented to me that I am very excited about. I am hoping to write a handbook to go along with the workshop that I am presently in the early stages of setting up. I am hoping to become a Public Speaker on several topics that interest me and that I hope will be helpful to others. I am not giving up on writing for children, I am just moving away from that genre for the time being.
- I am hoping that this time next year (if not before) that I am able to write that I have just given my two weeks notice and will no longer be an apartment manager. In this position, I was given a chance to do things that I would never have done...such as write the training manual the company uses, head up several committees, and present ideas to not only the other managers, but also to the head management team of our company. But this job has also drained me of a lot...The stress is not something I want anymore so after 13 years, I am ready to move on and I am hoping that 2009 will be the year that I do that.
I think that is all the major changes I have made:
- Of course, I am planning on eating better and losing weight...blah, blah, blah...grin...
- I am planning to get back into a routine of blogging and reading blogs...
- I have also started a Facebook page...collapsing on the floor wondering why I have done this...I am hoping I can keep up with that also. There are a whole lot of things that I don't understand about Facebook, but I figured out blogger, so I there is hope that I can figure out Facebook...
I am going to continue with Tuesday's Living Green tips and Fixing It Fridays, but I will be combining the two (they basically go together anyway)...So I will be doing Tuesday's Green Solutions...and of course, Hazel would never make dinner again if I didn't keep her going, so Hazel's Crockpot Thursdays will remain the same...
The rest of the week will be just me blogging about stuff and I hope you will keep coming by...
Well, my day is almost half over and I still haven't had a chance to catch up with your blogs, so off I go...Hugs...
10 comments:
(((HUGS)))BRENDA!
You've been missed! Good luck with your new writing adventures. It sounds wonderful!
Brenda, your plans for 2009 sound exciting! There's nothing like doing something you love and want to do. I look forward to reading your green tips and Hazel's recipes and whatever else you decide to put down on the page.
I have missed you! I wish you the best with your writing goals. I'm sooooo glad to hear that you are keeping Hazel's Crockpot Thursdays. It usually becomes one of our weekend meals!
Wow! Lots of exciting stuff for you!
I've missed seeing you around too! Glad your back! :0)
Christy
Good luck with all of the new things 2009 throws at you! Sounds like you are looking forward to it!
Have a fantastic 2009 - oh, and run away from the whole Facebook thing.
Brenda, I wish you all the best with your new endeavors! And I look forward to reading all your ideas and Hazel's, too...
Good luck with your 2009 goals and new writing direction! I'm glad that Hazel will be sticking around :)
I wish you all the best with all your new exciting changes. And I'm glad the tips and Hazel will still be around, because I'll look forward to them too.
Thanks everyone...I have missed reading your blogs and look forward to getting back in the swing of things...
Post a Comment