Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hazel's Crockpot Thursday

So here we are again...only this time it really is Thursday...grin...at least that is if I set the auto post correctly...grin...

Hazel wanted to do something simple this week, so she picked two very simple recipes (don't tell her though, they really don't go together, but I'm kinda letting her have her way for awhile...grin)...Enjoy


Crock Pot Potatoes

1-16 oz carton sour cream
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup chopped onion or 1 TBL instant dry onions
1/4 cup water
2 cans cheddar cheese soup
6 medium size potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks

Combine butter, onions, water and soup in
crock pot. Mix in the potatoes. Cook on low setting
6 hours or until potatoes are done. About a half hour before you are ready to serve them, pour in the sour cream and stir.


Crockpot Tamale Pie

Ingredients:

1 lb. lean ground beef
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg, beaten
1 package chili seasoning mix
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 can tomatoes (1 lb.) cut up 1 can whole kernel corn (1 lb.), drained
1 can sliced black olives (2 1/4 oz) drained
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Cooking Instructions: Brown meat and drain. In large bowl, mix cornmeal, milk and egg. Add drained meat, chili mix, seasoned salt, tomatoes, corn and olives. Pour into crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cook another 5 minutes.

10 comments:

Bish Denham said...

I am for sure gonna try these!

sruble said...

It really is Thursday ;)

Thanks for the recipes!

Carrie Harris said...

Mmmmm. Potatoes. If I was what I eat, I'd be a potato.

C.R. Evers said...

ahhhh . . . it's my weekly makemehungry blog visit. ;0) yummmy!

Christy

Kelly Polark said...

Oh, man, that potatoes recipe sounds sooooooooo good!

Marcia said...

They both sound wonderful.

Adrienne said...

These sound great. I love tamale pie - I'll have to try the crock pot version. Thanks!

Nora MacFarlane said...

The Crock Pot Potatoes sounds great. I wonder if you could use frozen hash brown potatoes as a substitute?

Brenda said...

Thanks everyone...Enjoy...

Nora...I have many recipes that use the hash brown potatoes, so I don't see why you couldn't...

Shouldn't need to change the cooking time or anything...let me know if you try it...thanks...

Christina Farley said...

Yum! Must try.