Rena has challenged us bloggers to another "picture this" type of blog entry...So, not being one to back down from a challenge, I dug through the dust and boxes to find this kindergarten picture...
I could only find it in a little booklet that was given to the parents. I guess this was my kindergarten's form of a yearbook. I know I have pics somewhere, but this will have to do for now...
This biggest thing I remember about kindergarten is being a tomboy in a Catholic Kindergarten class. The Nuns didn't really take to that. They wanted me to play with dolls and not play football with the boys...they even called my parents in for a "conference" to see if they could change me. Needless to say, my parents stuck up for me and I was allowed to be a tomboy. Thank you mom & dad. I don't know what I would have done if I had to have played with dolls. Hugs...
9 comments:
What a cute picture! And yay to Mom and Dad for sticking up for you!
How adorable! Glad your parents showed those nuns who was the boss! ;)
Aawww. Too cute! I was a tomboy, too, Brenda. I had short boyish hair until I was 12, and would race the boys at recess!
What a doll baby - I love that pic.
I'm going to have to do a little search. Maybe 2morrow :)
What a cute picture. I was tomboy too. Instead of playing with my dolls I dressed up my cat in the doll clothes!
You're so cute! I think we would have gotten along in kindergarten.
You guys are making me blush... ;)
I can't wait to see pics of you all! hint...hint...grin...
That's a cute picture, Brenda. Thanks for playing along. :)
You are so cute in that picture. fun to see it.
Post a Comment