Okay, I've said it before and I will say it again, I cannot cook and/or bake...but sometimes I get lucky...okay not really, I just have found some very simple recipes that even I can't mess up...
So yesterday, my niece called me and said her school was having a bake sale and she wanted to know if I would make my famous banana cake. I said sure why not...I mean I can make one cake...then she goes on to tell me how much she loved this cake and she told her teachers how good it was and that her Aunt Brenda just loves making it...and then she says this: "So I signed you up for 10 banana cakes. I need to pick them up on Wednesday."
WHAT!!! 10 Banana cakes! Was this kid crazy? I hesitated too long before answering (I was busy trying to pick myself up off the floor) because then she said, "I love ya, Aunt Brenda and I know you won't let me down."
ARGH! She had me...she's a smart little cookie...and she knows how to wrap her Aunt Brenda around her little finger...
She use to come home from 1st grade and call me up and tell me about something they were studying and then she would say that she told her teacher that I would make everyone a fabric pocket book and I had never made a pocket book in my life...so there I was, spending my weekends trying to make a pocket book for not only my niece but for about 10 other little girls in her class...
How are the banana cakes coming along? I don't know...I haven't had time to start them (but I found time to write on my blog...grin)...I have actually decided to take a sick day (hope this blog doesn't get back to my boss...grin...) on Tuesday and make them then...I've asked around to see if I can borrow more bundt pans and thankfully I have two ovens (I don't cook, but I made sure when we built the house that I had two ovens...I just knew a day like this would come along...grin)...
So in honor of my Niece...I want to share this simple and tasty recipe for Banana cake with you all:
Banana Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I've used canola oil and have tasted no difference)
1 cup water
3 small ripe bananas
Place first 4 ingredients into a mixing bowl...peel bananas and break into chunks and drop into mixing bowl. Using a electric mixer, mix all ingredients until bananas are very, very small chunks...Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan (I use Pam spray) and bake at 350' for 50 minutes...
Enjoy!
11 comments:
Oh I have been in your shoes - well - not exactly. My niece said I could make purses for the charity drive. I'd never made purses before but, hey, I think I have an idea for another blog post. Thanks to my muse: Brenda.
Oh! I'm the opposite. I love to bake, but my kids would do the same thing to me. Luckily (at the time) I was a SAHM.
You are a very nice aunt. I'd be very "unhappy" had I been volunteered for something.
That recipe does sound yummy though! :0)
I would love some banana cake right now! Yum!
Good luck with those ten cakes - you are indeed a very nice aunt:)
What a sweet aunt you are! Now get to bakin', girl! :0) The recipe sounds yum. I love banana cake and bread!
Mmmmmmmm! When will they be ready? I'm hungry! ;)
wow! 10 cakes! You get the Aunt of the Year Award.
First sewing and the baking. Obviously your niece was put on this world to help stretch and grow.
Funny story! If you keep coming through, you'll keep getting asked, I guess! :)
It's nice to be loved and appreciated (grin). My daughter once signed me up to bake 2 turkeys and 4 apple pies for an all-school ham and turkey dinner. "Because you love to cook, Mommy." I couldn't tell her no. It took me 2 days to get it all done.
Have fun baking 10 cakes!
You ARE a sweet aunt. And I'm sure the cakes will turn out fabulous. Maybe you should make eleven, because you're going to deserve a treat after this!
Post a Comment