Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 things...

Linda from Jumbled Ramblings has tagged me for a "25 random things about myself"...I've been meaning to do this and I thank you, Linda, for the tag...with all the past meme's that I have done, I'm not sure I could tell you anything you don't all ready know, but here goes:
  1. I have eight crockpots (yes I said 8 - I got one for Christmas, but I've been afraid to take her out of the box for fear of upsetting Hazel)...grin...
  2. I have been know to use at least 6 of these crockpots at one time. Yes, I am a lazy cook (actually, I can't cook, this is why I rely on crockpots)...they are great for cooking meat, vegetables, dessert...the works
  3. Hubs and I eloped on May 1, 1999...we were married at sunset and no one believed us when we got back home and told them we were married...we actually had to show some of our friends the marriage certificate for them to believe it
  4. When I was a single mom, I once had a picnic in the living room for Son and myself...we played games and ate PB & J sandwiches...he thought it was fun and had no clue that I came up with the idea because I had no money for groceries and that was all we had to eat.
  5. I suffer from panic attacks...at one point in time, I couldn't stub my toe without going into a panic attack...and averaged about 4 a week...but I have not had one in almost a year and I hope to continue not to have any....
  6. I use to clean my sister's bedroom when we were younger because she was quite the slob and I was NOT...boy have things changed...grin
  7. I use to make my bed (when I was younger) and would tuck the blanket under the sides of the mattress...I would get into bed by sitting on the pillows and sliding down under the covers so as not to mess them up.
  8. If I could live in my PJ's I would.
  9. I love the old game show "Match Game" and would have won tons of money on that show because my brain works like the stars they have on there.
  10. I cannot figure out Facebook...it just seems so confusing to me. I don't know if I'm suppose to write on people's wall or what...this is why I have been avoiding my Facebook site...I am determined to figure it out, but only once I have a little time to do so...
  11. My favorite color is blue
  12. I love Vampire romance stories...I couldn't write one if it bit me in the neck, but I love to read them
  13. Hazelnut Rum is my favorite scent of candle
  14. I love Betty Boop
  15. I love old black and white movies
  16. I hope to retire and travel the world with Hubs and Koda in an RV
  17. I am a terrible speller, so I am loving Firefox because it tells me I've misspelled something before I make a fool of myself and post it.
  18. I worry about too many things...and if I'm not worrying, then I worry about there being nothing to worry about...
  19. I hate to milk cows...but do it to spend time with Hubs and to be part of the family
  20. I've never read, nor have I seen the movie Harry Potter and have no interest in doing so (please don't hate me)
  21. I could eat cereal three times a day and for dessert
  22. I love the Oakland Raiders football team (even if they have forgotten how to play the game in the last few years)
  23. I have a t'shirt that says: "Caution! Caution! I can go from zero to *itch in 2.5 seconds" (it actually says the word, but I didn't' want to offend anyone)...I personally think the shirt lies...I can do it much faster then 2.5 seconds...grin...
  24. I was very drunk the night I met Hubs and was so glad to see that he didn't look like David Letterman on our first date...(a friend I was with said he did)...this was also the night that I stayed at my friends house in her little girls room...which happened to be covered in pink elephants...the sheets, the wall hangings, the rug, the stuffed animals...all of it...pink elephants...this was not the kind of room for someone who has just had to much to drink should be sleeping in...grin...
  25. This was harder then I thought it would be...either I'm getting more boring with age, or my memory is really, really bad...grin...
This was a Facebook tag, so I'm not going to tag anyone in particular...if you would like to share 25 Random things about yourself, then consider yourself tagged...

Hugs...

5 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Brenda, I can't figure out Facebook and I can't spell either. Bad spelling has little to do with good writing.

One of the things I've done to eliminate worry from my life (and worrying never did one bit of good for me) was to stop using the word in those many everyday ways that we all tend to use it. Like: "Don't worry about!" "I'm worried I won't get home on time." We use the "W" word ALOT. I substitute it with "concerned." As in: "I'm not concerned about it." "It's nothing to be concerned about." It takes a conscious effort to stop using it, but it becomes apparent very quickly how often it gets used, which helped make ME become aware of how previlent it is in our daily conversations.

I think a campaign needs to be started to ban the "W" word as a "bad" word. :O

Kimbra Kasch said...

Brenda: After my Dad passed away, my Mom started having panic attacks-but only if she got in enclosed spaces. We went to a restaurant one day and she had to leave because she couldn't sit in the booth-too confining. She'd never had claustrophobia before... Just interesting.

Did you start having panic attacks after a trauma?...major life changing event?

C.R. Evers said...

Holy crockpots batman! No wonder Hazel has so many good recipes! ;0)

Great list!

Christy

Rena Jones said...

LOL @ Christy's reply! I used to think I was hot stuff because I had 3 crock-pots. Then I met Brenda! LOL!

Kelly Polark said...

It's great learning more about you in your 25 things!
I like how you slid into bed as a child! Plus the pink elephants!! (I was drunk the night I met my hubby too...)