Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm getting closer to reaching my 2009 goals!

Hello all...

I have been sooo busy learning all new things about my 2009 adventure that I hope will take me away from this job...I've been so busy trying to soak up everything I can and I'm beginning to think I'm a slow learner...grin...

Anyway, I know I've missed a couple of "Going Green" tips and of course Hazel...which by-the-way, she burnt my dinner the other night...argh! I had told Hubs to cut the crock down and he forgot...by the time I got home, Hazel had a look in her eyes that said..."I don't think you'll forget me again...will ya?" Oh to be such a bad cook that I have to give my crockpot a personality...grin..

Anyway, I'm having company this week, so I need to make nice with Hazel...so heeeeeere's Hazel!

Maple Honey Barbecued Ribs

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 pounds spareribs
  • 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) beef broth
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
  • 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

PREPARATION:

Place spareribs on a broiler rack and broil for 15 minutes. Drain fat off. Cut ribs into serving size pieces. Combine remaining ingredients in the slow cooker; stir well. Add ribs; cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.

6 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Oh, Rick loves ribs! Poor Hazel. Has she forgiven you yet?

Kelly Polark said...

I love those pics of your dog on the right!!
Don't don't don't tick her off, Brenda! I want Hazel to keep her recipes comin'! :0)

Kimbra Kasch said...

Ribs--yumm

You can always pop over to my post on Friday - for the going green thing :)

Life gets bizz EEE sometimes. :)

Christina Farley said...

Oh ribs! Yum! We really loved last week's recipe.

Bish Denham said...

OH BOY! Will HAVE to try these out.

Brenda said...

Rena...tonight we are having company and I have agreed to leave her alone in the kitchen to do her thing...so I'm hoping she has forgiven me...grin...

Kelly...Thanks Koda and Hazel are a lot a like...they love people talking about them...grin...

Kim...I will do that...I'm hoping things will slow down enough that I can do more then just one post a week...sigh...

Christina...glad you liked the recipe...I know that what we (my family) likes might not be what everyone will like, so I enjoy hearing when you guys liked the recipes also...plus this will help smooth out Hazel's mood...grin...

Bish...I hope you like them...Hubs can't get enough of them and this is what we are having tonight for our company...