First, before I get to Hazel's recipe, I thought I would share this link...What song was #1 on the day you were born, click and find out:
http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm
Now for Hazel's recipe:
Chicken-Tortilla Casserole
Ingredients:
12 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
2 pounds cooked chicken, coarsely chopped
1 can (10¾ oz. size) cream of chicken soup
1 can (10¾ oz. size) cream of mushroom soup
1 can (7 oz. size) green chili salsa
1 package (8 oz. size) sour cream
1 tablespoon onion, grated
1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
Directions:
Lightly grease sides and bottom of crock pot. In a separate bowl, mix together the soups, salsa, sour cream and onion. In the crock pot, arrange alternate layers of the tortillas, chicken pieces and soup mixture, ending with soup mixture on top. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. Sprinkle with Cheddar and cook for another 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
**When we made this the tortillas got a little soggy (not mushy just soggy)...so we only put about 4 of the tortillas into the crock and then kept the rest out. When dinner was ready, we spooned the mixture onto the tortillas and ate it that way...This is just a suggestion...if you don't mind your tortillas getting a little soggy, then you can keep the recipe as is...Enjoy!
10 comments:
It sounds wonderful and I'm ready to try it - but should I wait, for Thursday?...
:)
fun link! :0)
this sounds sooooooo yummy! As usual!
I can do this, I know I can! Sounds just yummy and it also sounds like something that can be "altered" easily. Thanks!
Kim...Hazel was nagging me so much that I couldn't think and forgot to set up the auto post...I think I'm going to have to put her in the back of the cabinet...she's getting too big for her crockpants...grin...
Chrity...thanks...enjoy...
Bish...you're right, we've changed things around depending on our mood and everything we've added or taken away worked...make it your own...I won't tell Hazel...grin...
Hazel jumped the gun this week!:0)
Great song link, mine was Carole King's Feel the Earth Move song.
Carole King songs so remind me of my childhood, my mom had the 8track and I'd play it over and over and dance and dance!
Kelly...I should have had everyone tell me what their song was...that would have been fun to see how it matched the personality of the person...grin..
Mine was "You Can't Hurry Love" by the Supremes...which is funny when you think that Hubs song is "Tossin & Turnin" by Bobby Lewis.. ;)
I have a recipe almost identical to this one, and I love it!
Oh I'm excited! I printed it out and I'm going to try it! I think I can find most of these ingredients here in Seoul or can improvise. Thanks!
Sounds delicious.
Now I'm off to look up some songs...thanks for the fun link!
Fun link! My song was Bruce Channel's "Hey! Baby"
Post a Comment